Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

how to make pics work right on android

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default how to make pics work right on android

Hello all!!

I just moved from my faithful iPhone for viewing this forum on the app to an Android with the forum app. I can see the pics but have two problems that maybe you can help me with....

1. I can't zoom in on pics

2. The animated gifs only show as a single pic. (I had this same issue on the iPhone but could click on the message and then click the link to see the full gif file play. I don't seem to have that same ability/work around on the android.

Thoughts anyone?

Note: I have tried clearing image cache and turning on/off remote thumbnails

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by bgrd351
Hello all!!

I just moved from my faithful iPhone for viewing this forum on the app to an Android with the forum app. I can see the pics but have two problems that maybe you can help me with....

2. The animated gifs only show as a single pic. (I had this same issue on the iPhone but could click on the message and then click the link to see the full gif file play. I don't seem to have that same ability/work around on the android.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance!
This is a Ford truck forum, your question is not going to find an answer here so much as it will on this forum,... http://androidforums.com/

Good luck.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp

This is a Ford truck forum, your question is not going to find an answer here so much as it will on this forum,... http://androidforums.com/

Good luck.

Well the reason why I posted it on here is because it is this forum's app that is doing this.

While I check out your link, hopefully some else will chime in with some more useful info.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

You can't zoom, unless you save the image to your SD card. GIFs don't work on the app.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 PM
International man of Myst

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by bgrd351
Hello all!!

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance!
The app sucks in so many ways and every forum uses it. It also will just stop loading pictures, and you need to clear the cache to get them back.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by LastResort

The app sucks in so many ways and every forum uses it. It also will just stop loading pictures, and you need to clear the cache to get them back.
Yes I noticed that. :-(

Is there another forum app that does work with this site?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
International man of Myst

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Not that I've found.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

I agree that the Android app sucks! A lot of times I have to back out of the app and restart it because it freezes. Plus, the pictures are all small, and you can't zoom into them.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I usually have to go into setting and clear the image cache to get more pictures to load, but even then I cant get some to load.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I always just request full site, that way I can pinch to zoom in/out and gif's operate as designed.

Quick Reply: how to make pics work right on android