Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Forum lately

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Forum lately

Some people aren't going to like this and I am not a moderator or anything but I can't help but speak my mind a bit

This forum was designed to offer help and share ideas etc. It has turned into a place for close minded, self righteous self proclaimed experts to make themselves feel better by telling other people their ideas are stupid etc.

A lot of posters on here are claiming to know as much as a factory engineer from Ford.

If moderators are going to sit back and let these people continue to do this, it ruins the whole idea.

I see things on here that I would never do to my truck, just not my style, but I'm never going to tell someone it looks like crap just because I don't like it.

Mods go crazy if a thread discusses top speed, but if some jackass hijacks a thread to boast his lack of a brain and detracts from the OP's thread, nothing is done.

I'd like to see some more involvement by the mods in maintaining the spirit of a forum like this. Its a small handful of people that are doing it, so let's see some improvement !
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

So let me get this straight....

You think that my moderators should be "more actively involved" in cencorship and browbeating of the opinions of others, right? That seems to be the idea behind your post.

Sadly, this being the internet, it is open to people of any and all mindsets and opinion bases. Just because someone doesn't share your style or even have much tact- doesn't mean they don't have the right to be here expressing the very same priviledge that you are by telling us how we should be monitoring this site. Sure, there are tasteful ways to tell someone that plasti-dipping thier entire truck is completely retarded... but at the end of the day, if they werent open to criticism, the "dipper" probably should not have posted pics of his truck on an open source.

We intervene when comments get rude, nasty, threatening, or in just generally against forum rules (ie: discussing operation at unsafe speeds). Having poor taste in words is only a character flaw that we keep an eye on and address when a pattern arrises or lines get crossed. Just because you don't see action getting taken immediately doesn't mean that we are not watching.
The following users liked this post:
WarSurfer (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 AM
On more meds than ymeski

Received 651 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdcrae
Some people aren't going to like this and I am not a moderator or anything but I can't help but speak my mind a bit

This forum was designed to offer help and share ideas etc. It has turned into a place for close minded, self righteous self proclaimed experts to make themselves feel better by telling other people their ideas are stupid etc.

A lot of posters on here are claiming to know as much as a factory engineer from Ford.

If moderators are going to sit back and let these people continue to do this, it ruins the whole idea.

I see things on here that I would never do to my truck, just not my style, but I'm never going to tell someone it looks like crap just because I don't like it.

Mods go crazy if a thread discusses top speed, but if some jackass hijacks a thread to boast his lack of a brain and detracts from the OP's thread, nothing is done.

I'd like to see some more involvement by the mods in maintaining the spirit of a forum like this. Its a small handful of people that are doing it, so let's see some improvement !
Well that's a stupid idea I blame Republicans. Speaking of Republicans, have you heard about the Eco / NTSB deal. Glad I got the 5.0 but what exhaust should I get and will a tune void my warranty. Im sorry, where were we? Oh yea, a free internet forum for F150 enthusiasts who tend to speak their minds.

Last edited by my67falcon; 06-07-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

First I wanted to thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it.

I am in no way saying opinions should be censored, if I implied that I mispoke. What I was trying to convey was that I seem to see much more negative things being said as of late. Like you said everyone is entitled to their opinions, but at the same time, it should be in a respectful manner.

I mentioned wanting moderators to do a bit more, which hopefully conveys that they are doing things now. I just wish they would step in from time to time and say hey, these personal attacks on other people are not acceptable and the open forums are not the place for it.

Doesn't seem to help anyone if certain users feel they have the right to tell everyone else what to do.

All I was trying to say was I thought we could all, myself included do well by each other to be more positive and helpful. No one became a member on here to be harassed or ridiculed for their taste or opinions. If someone puts up a post asking about what percentage of window tint to put on their truck, a comment telling them they're stupid and going to kill people for not seeing what's in front of them is both unhelpful and not in the best interests of the forum. A simple that's too dark for me would be fine.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking people on here are capable of this. In this digital age people forget that if they said some of the things they post they would probably get their *** kicked. Just thought a reminder to why we are all members might be useful.

I truly brought it up in a completely proactive way. Just looking to improve things for everyone.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Helpful suggestions do nothing but better the site for everyone.

I definitely see what you mean about wanting the mods to step in but again, it only does so much good to tell those select few to tone it down. We would rather build a case against them, warn them privately, and ban if the problem persists. We do keep tabs on certain "problem members".

Trust me, we don't like some of the negativity that has seemed to infiltrate the forum in the last few months but on the other hand, we don't want to become the "forum ****'s" like another F-series forum is known for being.
BCMIF150 (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:49 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

This thread is stupid. You should start a good thread.
13Harleyfan (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:59 PM
On more meds than ymeski

Received 651 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
This thread is stupid. You should start a good thread.
Or use the search feature. Oh wait, he should check his owners manual.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I see what the op is talking about and I have seen the mod's actually take care of business (I miss Tacoma) but we're all big boys and as long as we follow the forum rules (Rules-Rules-I don't need no stinking Rules!) which the majority do, it's all good.

Quick Reply: Forum lately