Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Excessive advertising takeovers on mobile

Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Excessive advertising takeovers on mobile

Lately, I've been getting an absurd amount of ads popping up/taking over my screen when just navigating the forums or reading a thread on my mobile device. I'm not accidentally clicking/touching them, so they're being auto-redirected to some lame site congratulating me for winning something bait-y. Attached are two screenshot example.

When trying to use the browser's back button, if you only press once, it simply reloads the spammy ad. If you press twice, it jumps you back two screens ago; too far. Can we please fix this?

Old 06-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 486 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by SURF150
Lately, I've been getting an absurd amount of ads popping up/taking over my screen when just navigating the forums or reading a thread on my mobile device. I'm not accidentally clicking/touching them, so they're being auto-redirected to some lame site congratulating me for winning something bait-y. Attached are two screenshot example.

When trying to use the browser's back button, if you only press once, it simply reloads the spammy ad. If you press twice, it jumps you back two screens ago; too far. Can we please fix this?

X2-i have had to log out because i couldnt get past them popping back up
Old 06-13-2016, 01:50 PM
IB Staff

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We are talking to our mobile ad partners to figure out who the heck let this through... sorry all but these should be gone soon.

The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (06-13-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 85 Likes on 52 Posts

Getting redirects frequently over the last few days to an ad for some superhero game and if I don't quickly swipe back it will swap out to the Apple App Store

Running via Safari on iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.3 in the 27302 and surrounding ZIP code area.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:02 PM
IB Staff

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for reporting this and I will send it over to the ad team to find the issue. If it comes up again let me know which specific game it redirects to as it might help locate who is responsible.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM

Received 85 Likes on 52 Posts

This is the ad before the redirect
Attached Thumbnails Excessive advertising takeovers on mobile-image-3290152021.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Excessive advertising takeovers on mobile