Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

deleting inactive accounts....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Cowgirl Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deleting inactive accounts....

I am BRAND new to this site but I have noticed how many members there are and going through some of them I see they have not logged in in over a year or some of them never put any information up, etc. I think if they are inactive users with absolutely NO information up on their profile they should be deleted. That way when searching for members we dont have to look through 500 pages. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. It would kill our member count but I do agree with you. You do know that you can search for a specific member and it will bring them up for ya' instead of going through all the pages of junk.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Cowgirl Up

yeah but who cares about member count? I don't see why that matters if half of them are not even using it. And I know you can search for one person by typing in the name but I mean if you are just looking at different ppl's pages and stuff. JMO
Old 07-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

you page stalker

ha jp

yea having all the spam and dead accounts suck...but it happens...one of the few things that could be worked on is the spammers
Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

We delete any of the spam accounts as quickly as we can. If you report the post, then we receive an email and it's easier for us to find and delete the user.

As far as deleting inactive accounts, Nathan and I decided not to do that because it is hard to know when a member, who hasn't logged on in a while, may come back and post or look for information. I don't think a member would appreciate it if they come back and their account has been deleted.

Is there information you are trying to find, or people you are trying to contact and it is hard because of inactive members? Please let me know.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Something else to think about.. Every time someone links www.f150forum.com that helps keep us on top of the google search. So if some of theses "inactive" memebers linked us to their web page or something, removing them might make them remove the link..
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

You can sort the members list if you like. So, click on the "Posts" column and it will sort everyone by post count. That way you don't have to go deep into the list to find active members.

I've had people register and not make their first post for 4 years. It doesn't hurt anything to keep them active and it makes it easy for them to come back so that's why we keep it there.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
The Blue Beast

And there are people like me that are in the military and cant get onto the site as often as the addiction kicks in .. and due to our job we might not be able to sign in often enough to stay active
Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jon!!! I'll try sorting them by the "POSTS" like you mentioned. Thanks again!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Cowgirl Up

okay....I didn't know you could sort them by posts. Thats cool. And I aint stalking i just mean like looking through ppl's pages to see what their trucks are like and stuff. See who's got what mod's etc etc. Thanks though, ya'll for all the input.

Quick Reply: deleting inactive accounts....