Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Chat room??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chat room??

I was just wondering if we could get a chat room for our board only??? You know just something to kill time while we're online. Anyone else interested??

Sorry admin....I'm just throwing stupid ideas out there cause I'm bored and it's too hot outside to go wash my truck.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Ty also ask about this a while back.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was mentioned here

https://www.f150forum.com/showthread...highlight=chat

and here

https://www.f150forum.com/showthread...highlight=chat
Old 07-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

We just created a list of features that people have suggested and we are weeding through them now trying to figure out what the future of this site will be.

To be honest I've installed chatrooms on other sites and they have never gone over well. First, it takes away from the forum since conversations that might be helpful to someone in the future aren't there. Also, it's hard to get people online at the same time.

So here's a question. What benefit do you see to having a chatroom that an Instant Messenger program or Private Message couldn't solve?

We are working on content pages, mod databases, truck of the month, and other features as we speak.

Anyways, just looking for feedback.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think those other features would be higher on the list than a chat room.

are you going to introduce such features all at once, or one at a time?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Most likely one at a time. The articles engine can be added pretty quickly however getting good content to fill it could take a while.
Truck of the month should be soon.
Mod database may have to be custom coded and if that's true it could take a while.

Love to hear feedback and ideas though. Don't think we aren't listening... sometimes it just takes a while to get the ball rollin.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you there Nathan. Now that I think of it I don't think it would be all that of a good idea for a chat room. We had one on W-body.com and there was never anyone in there for whatever reason.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
We just created a list of features that people have suggested and we are weeding through them now trying to figure out what the future of this site will be.

To be honest I've installed chatrooms on other sites and they have never gone over well. First, it takes away from the forum since conversations that might be helpful to someone in the future aren't there. Also, it's hard to get people online at the same time.

So here's a question. What benefit do you see to having a chatroom that an Instant Messenger program or Private Message couldn't solve?

We are working on content pages, mod databases, truck of the month, and other features as we speak.

Anyways, just looking for feedback.
Speaking of private messages, can you make it to were we are able to send more than 1 message a minute, maybe like every 30 seconds.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Speaking of private messages, can you make it to were we are able to send more than 1 message a minute, maybe like every 30 seconds.
Yea, I guess I can make that change. The reason we have a time limit is due to spammers. One day I woke up and about 300-400 people on another site had been sent spam through our PM system. The time limit is a flood check.
Anyways, I think 30 seconds sounds find.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
Yea, I guess I can make that change. The reason we have a time limit is due to spammers. One day I woke up and about 300-400 people on another site had been sent spam through our PM system. The time limit is a flood check.
Anyways, I think 30 seconds sounds find.
Awesome, I cant tell you how many times I sit there and twiddle my thumbs waiting for that minute to go by.

Quick Reply: Chat room??