General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yes it's HID things Again.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes it's HID things Again.

Bought $70 HID kit (slim Ballats) 8000k Installed last night and took the truck out for a drive, Man it's like stadium lights, the feedback was so obvous from othe drivers, one from opposites traffic, flashed high beam to me, the other sedan at the red light where i was stopped right behide him, I could see his face clearly from his side mirror bacause of the reflection of my HID, his eyes was like popped out of his face starring at the side mirror, and wait no time to speed out of the way.
Man i felt bad, because I hated it it myself when I see light like that. too late to chage the bulbs now, hope some adjustment can help the problem, don't know what happend if I stop behide one of thoses Pollice cruiser.

Few questions here, My HID is High/ Low H13 dual bulbs, reg hellogen for high beam and HID for low, the HID is on with DRL, and low beam, unlock (saw thread here to illuminate it) I can't disable the DLR it's law here to have it on.

I want to find the way to make the DLR, and High beam to be the same, and HID is for low beam only. any help would be very appriciated.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I am pretty sure that your only options are low beam DRL's or no DRL's. Highbeams are too bright for daytime use "safely" as well.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Also, how is it a law to have your DRL's on? Not all cars come with them stock. If you turned them off, the only way that you would even be able to tell if it had DRL's is to run the VIN. My truck has auto-on headlights and there is a seperate setting on the switch where they can be turned off.

Basically, nobody will ever be able to tell if you turned off your DRL's unless they run your VIN and see that it is equipped.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lenn
I am pretty sure that your only options are low beam DRL's or no DRL's. Highbeams are too bright for daytime use "safely" as well.
I've called few shop here, they said that what they do since the high beam doesn't have that much effect during day time.
the DRL are bassicly like a dimmer, which is not running in full current, which very much dim the light itself. but HID is similar to florescent light, which you can't dim and not enough current would cause flicking, or black out, My lights are on and off today during day time due to that reason, mow it's dark the low beam kicked in (enough current) they both working fine, I'll disable DRL for now or else i'd fry my HID in no time.
LennAlso, how is it a law to have your DRL's on? Not all cars come with them stock. If you turned them off, the only way that you would even be able to tell if it had DRL's is to run the VIN. My truck has auto-on headlights and there is a seperate setting on the switch where they can be turned off.

Basically, nobody will ever be able to tell if you turned off your DRL's unless they run your VIN and see that it is equipped.
ALL vehicle made or imported into canada after 1996 have to be equiped with DRL. I'm not sure what the fine is but we all have DRL here.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM

I would adjust your headlights down if you can so you don't blind people since you don't have projector headlights.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by gwallis
I would adjust your headlights down if you can so you don't blind people since you don't have projector headlights.
Headlights adjust almost to the max, felt much better
Old 12-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Troi_oi
...ALL vehicle made or imported into canada after 1996 have to be equiped with DRL. I'm not sure what the fine is but we all have DRL here.
Sorry, I didn't realize that you were in Canada. No location on your profile (wich I did check for before posting a response).
Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are the 8000k too blue? i thought my 6000k were freakin blue
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Yes, 8000k is VERY blue but they do come bluer. 6000k is about as high as you should go if you want color AND output. The higher the kelvin rating, the bluer the light wich in turn makes the output light darker. If you want close to what most cars run from the factory, I would go with the 5000k. I used the 6000k in my wife's Mazda6 and I should have gone with the 5000k. I had 5000k in my Eagle Talon and it was comparable output to my freind's Audi S4.

I will be installing 5000k in my headlights and 3000k in my fogs. 3000k is yellow light that will allow you to see very well on wet roads. Blue light is reflected by water, while yellow is absorbed. This is why Lexus' and old school MB's use yellow auxilliary lighting.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, if you are up in Canada stay away from the higher Kelvin bulbs. I have the 10k and they are perfect blue for me. Not alot of snow down here in vegas

Quick Reply: yes it's HID things Again.