General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth waiting for Ford employee pricing? - Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth waiting for Ford employee pricing? - Canada

I'm in Canada if it makes a difference between the US.

Looking at buying a 16-17 F150 in a couple of months, but am wondering if its worth waiting until July for employee pricing to kick in again? I've never brought a brand new truck before so am not completely familiar with Ford's incentive programs.

Right now they are offering $9,000 in incentives. When I build the truck I'm looking at it comes to just over $54,000 all in with the incentive, but I see the exact same trucks on Kijiji selling for $45,000. Literally spec'd exactly the same...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/e...xlt/1235921778

I'm not ready to buy at the moment but don't want to get screwed over either. I'd be a cash buyer if that makes a difference, so interest rate incentives don't matter to me.

Advice? Anyone from the Alberta area that know's any decent dealers to have a look at?

Thanks all
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

From my experience it is all the same BS. Dealer's always mix rebates with interest rates to try and make it seem different. In your position I would go in when the rebates are high and say you want A plan pricing on top of that. Since your paying cash high rebates are better then low rebates with 0 percent. Put dealer's against each other until you can't beat them up any more. Bought my 15 in January of 16. MSRP 46000. 10500 in rebates plus A plan was almost 16 grand off. I pay interest on that but you wouldn't have too. Pretty sweet deal for you
Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by GreenSC4x4
From my experience it is all the same BS. Dealer's always mix rebates with interest rates to try and make it seem different. In your position I would go in when the rebates are high and say you want A plan pricing on top of that. Since your paying cash high rebates are better then low rebates with 0 percent. Put dealer's against each other until you can't beat them up any more. Bought my 15 in January of 16. MSRP 46000. 10500 in rebates plus A plan was almost 16 grand off. I pay interest on that but you wouldn't have too. Pretty sweet deal for you
16K off of MSRP is pretty good! Are you in Canada? Did you just go in and demand A plan pricing? Thats what employee pricing is i believe? If so that's sweet, but I'm surprised they would do that, as I thought the way the employee pricing incentive worked was that FoMoCo comp'd the dealer for the difference (or something to that effect). Don't think they'd do that outside of the promo period? But what do I know...

Thanks
Old 02-28-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes I'm in Ontario. So the A plan or employee pricing is somewhere between 4 and 6 grand off depending on MSRP. During employee pricing you can just think of it as getting a 5 grand rebate. No other rebates on top of that. So it's not bad but it's not really different then other months. Yes I waited till 2016 to buy my 2015 when rebates where high and went dealer to dealer until I found one that would give me A plan plus rebates. Not as much to choose from at this time though.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:28 PM

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

MSRP on my truck was $58,800 and got it for $44k. Mine is a '16 I bought in September 2016 during employee pricing.

I agree employee pricing is a gimmick, but the incentives right now aren't as good as the employee incentive.

I was able to get more off then the employee pricing rate as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:43 PM

Yeah that's pretty good, 58k to 44k. Definitely better than what's on offer on Ford's website at the moment, but looking at classifieds I'm sure there's plenty more wiggle room than what Ford is advertising.

What's the specs on your trim RubyRed? XLT? Lariat?

45K is the max id like to spend. I'm looking at used Lariat's too, can get into a 15' for about the same as a new XLT it seems, but a loaded XLT is a pretty damn nice truck too, plus the added peace of mind of being the original owner is nice.

Green, I thought employee pricing (A Plan) was a bonus on top of incentives?
Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM

Received 487 Likes on 341 Posts

If you're around Calgary, shoot me a PM and I will put you in touch with a good Sales guy.

I should add that my buddy just bought a full-load Platinum '16 last week. $20k off sticker.

Last edited by Blown F-150; 02-28-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt (SG)
I'm in Canada if it makes a difference between the US.

Looking at buying a 16-17 F150 in a couple of months, but am wondering if its worth waiting until July for employee pricing to kick in again? I've never brought a brand new truck before so am not completely familiar with Ford's incentive programs.

Right now they are offering $9,000 in incentives. When I build the truck I'm looking at it comes to just over $54,000 all in with the incentive, but I see the exact same trucks on Kijiji selling for $45,000. Literally spec'd exactly the same...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/e...xlt/1235921778

I'm not ready to buy at the moment but don't want to get screwed over either. I'd be a cash buyer if that makes a difference, so interest rate incentives don't matter to me.

Advice? Anyone from the Alberta area that know's any decent dealers to have a look at?

Thanks all

Hey Matt, I just purchased a 16 XLT in Okotoks AB
Decently priced and they're pushing out the 16's right now

For what it's worth......
Old 03-01-2017, 01:05 AM

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts

Yes, wait for employee pricing time to buy your truck.

Bought mine 3 years ago, MSRP $52,xxx and promotion & discounts included + A-plan + $1,000 off from Costco Canada membership (you can have it in a few minutes) = final price of $38,xxx. (sorry don't remember the exact amounts, but it's not a joke or bs and certainly I'm not single example).

Also search for the dealers offering the lowest prices. The differences on similarly equipped trucks can be almost 10k lower in high volume seller dealerships!

Be patient, be wise, keep your eyes open and don't be afraid to travel far to save money. Your closest dealer won't refuse maintenance or warranties to your vehicle.

Good luck and in the meanwhile keep on drooling when you see your neighbours F150. You'll have the last laugh!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Don M
Hey Matt, I just purchased a 16 XLT in Okotoks AB
Decently priced and they're pushing out the 16's right now

For what it's worth......
What did you end up paying if you don't mind sharing?