General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring lights behind grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default wiring lights behind grille

i really like the look of the lights behind the grill i just dont have clue where to start when it comes to the wireing part im a carpenter for god sakes lol!! so does anyone have any detailed instructions on doing this maybe even a step by step with pictures i never really took any of the dash apart on my truck its an o6 f150 xlt so i guess i need alot of help here to say the least

i have the week off of work so i figured while my headlights are drying i would attempt the light mod thanks guys
Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

that would look pretty sweet. I was thinking about doing the same till i got my valance w/ fogs. but I might put some in at a later date. Ive seen an 06 w/ 4 6" rounds behind his and its a nice look, plus it puts out lots of light.

If you need lights i have some. theyre from Far Reach International. 6" chrome round, they have 130W bulb installed and they come with 150W in a little box you can swap out.

Last edited by Ty; 04-07-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
will run you OVER

oh the last one was what I went with in the kinda end (i wanna put the off-road lights in now) . It fit right in the spot where my old one went and now i have fog lights, they were already pre wired all i needed is lights and a new switch in the cab since mine didnt have the fog light pullout.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put lights behind my grille too. Should have taken pics while doing it, but I raced through it, so it was kinda sloppy. When I redo mine this summer, I will take some time to take some pics. And probably pull the whole grill off, instead of just pull it back, and squeeze my arms, and finger in there.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
will run you OVER

so you didnt pull off the plastic radiator guard on the top? how did you get down there? Im 20 and i cant get my arm down there, do the little clasps just pop off? I tried but I dont want to break em...
Old 04-07-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by cole_ford
I put lights behind my grille too. Should have taken pics while doing it, but I raced through it, so it was kinda sloppy. When I redo mine this summer, I will take some time to take some pics. And probably pull the whole grill off, instead of just pull it back, and squeeze my arms, and finger in there.
how did you mount them did you fab up a light bar and whats the best way to wire them in i know nothing about electrical well i mean running electrical in cars anyway hahah
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM
will run you OVER

Originally Posted by 06fordf150
how did you mount them did you fab up a light bar and whats the best way to wire them in i know nothing about electrical well i mean running electrical in cars anyway hahah

you know Brian (if im correct) we are in the same boat except you dont have lights. I might spend a lil more and have this one shop that I know to put them in. it would look more professional IMO.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 01f1502wd
you know Brian (if im correct) we are in the same boat except you dont have lights. I might spend a lil more and have this one shop that I know to put them in. it would look more professional IMO.
yes its brian.. and i was thinking the same i just hate going to shops man everytime i have stuff done they make a mess of my truck all covered in grease and all thats why itry to do most of my work in my back yard haha then its always done neat and clean but this is one thing im not to sure i want to take on cos me and wires = disaster
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
will run you OVER

ya Im not either. and to fab up a steel bar that goes across to mount the lights on would take some time. I might get some diagrams and see if i can find a friend that know electricty to help me. Whatever I do i want it to look good w/o having wires all over the place.

shops also charge you for labor which aint cheap. To make it cheaper I might have the shop put in my leveling kit while they put in my lights. hopefully it will all be done by summer time so I can go wheelin while the weather is nice.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM

right on brother

Quick Reply: wiring lights behind grille