General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's The Newfies

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Where's The Newfies

Hey everyone, Somewhat new to the F150 game had mine 2 years now this summer will be my first summer with all the add ons done. So Its time to start going a bit harder off road then usual. Anyone around the most easterly place in N America do much off roading? Im the only one of my friends who even owns there own vehicle let alone truck so looking for group that like to use a truck like it should.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 548 Likes on 427 Posts

[MENTION=114965]nfldfordman[/MENTION] He'e been on here for a while, and his name is Zach. I'm a bit more in the southern region of good 'ol South Carolina meself.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravelley
Hey everyone, Somewhat new to the F150 game had mine 2 years now this summer will be my first summer with all the add ons done. So Its time to start going a bit harder off road then usual. Anyone around the most easterly place in N America do much off roading? Im the only one of my friends who even owns there own vehicle let alone truck so looking for group that like to use a truck like it should.
Originally Posted by 03f15012
[MENTION=114965]nfldfordman[/MENTION] He'e been on here for a while, and his name is Zach. I'm a bit more in the southern region of good 'ol South Carolina meself.
[MENTION=132117]03f15012[/MENTION] thanks for bringing me up joey

as my very great forum buddy joey has started to mention, I'm Zach from New Harbour, Trinity Bay.

as to off roading, I'm afraid I don't do enough in a truck at the moment to be worthwhile. if I had a suitable truck right now I'd be interested in doing a bit more off-road, but right now out of 2 f-150s it's just a pretty stock work truck and then a restomod project that I'm going for an off-roadish look with, but care about too much to get serious with off-road. do however love taking the quad out for a run through the backroads and woods.

well I'm sorry to say I'm not sure how many NL people you'll find on here, especially interested in serious off-roading with trucks. that said it's always great to see another Newfie on here, and I hope you can find a few people with the interest and means. I'd also love to see your truck and some info on her.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nfldfordman
[MENTION=132117]03f15012[/MENTION] thanks for bringing me up joey

as my very great forum buddy joey has started to mention, I'm Zach from New Harbour, Trinity Bay.

as to off roading, I'm afraid I don't do enough in a truck at the moment to be worthwhile. if I had a suitable truck right now I'd be interested in doing a bit more off-road, but right now out of 2 f-150s it's just a pretty stock work truck and then a restomod project that I'm going for an off-roadish look with, but care about too much to get serious with off-road. do however love taking the quad out for a run through the backroads and woods.

well I'm sorry to say I'm not sure how many NL people you'll find on here, especially interested in serious off-roading with trucks. that said it's always great to see another Newfie on here, and I hope you can find a few people with the interest and means. I'd also love to see your truck and some info on her.
Well i probably should of stated how hard of off roading, i more so meant the fun mudding and the little rough off the beaten path. Ive so far really only found 2 spots decent enough for a truck. But as some info on the truck, she 2012 4x4 XLT, 2.5" ready lift level (going to upgrade to new suspension eventually) got a set of helldarados for the summer along with some 35x12.5x18 pro comp xtreme a/t.
Attached Thumbnails Where's The Newfies-imag0157.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravelley
Well i probably should of stated how hard of off roading, i more so meant the fun mudding and the little rough off the beaten path. Ive so far really only found 2 spots decent enough for a truck. But as some info on the truck, she 2012 4x4 XLT, 2.5" ready lift level (going to upgrade to new suspension eventually) got a set of helldarados for the summer along with some 35x12.5x18 pro comp xtreme a/t.
that is one thing about NL lol. I've found if I want to go worse than a dirt road or field, I better bring the quad cause the truck ain't going to fit.

when I get more work done on my project, I wouldn't mind certain types of off roading, depending on what spots I could find. I'm hoping to have a level or small lift this year as well as new rims, I'd love new tires but that's probably gonna have to wait until at least next year (wallet's a bit less of an enthusiast than myself and my partner on truck projects, lol). rougher terrain in the open wouldn't bother me, but mud and tight spaces I'd rather avoid. considering she's got a brand new paint job coming up soon, and has a lot of effort restoring her in her, I'm not enthusiastic about anything too hard, she has a ton of sentimental value as well.

well I do like your idea, but as you see there are a number of limitations, both in places a truck can fit and having the means for me and I'm sure others. also, thanks for showing me the truck, she's a very nice truck.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey!

Another Newfie here, Lurker mostly. Currently living in good ol' Petawawa, ON.
2012 SCrew XLT EB thats mostly used hauling the little guys around, everything third person up here has a F-150 it seems!