What made you buy a Ford & What do you love most about it? - Page 5 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Log In 


What made you buy a Ford & What do you love most about it?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,825
Thanked 424 Times in 349 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIEGHOFF View Post
Because Ford was the only one who didn't take money from the government!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
x2
[MENTION=125772]KRIEGHOFF[/MENTION] and [MENTION=146349]goneFXcrazy[/MENTION] The government has been bailing out businesses for ever. Even Chrysler got a bail out back in the 80's. Just about every bank and mortgage place has been bailed out. If you like a product then by it. It does not matter if it been helped by the government or not. I would rather see a business get a bailout and people keep their jobs then to see such a huge corp go belly up and people out of work. I guess I don't see what difference it makes anyway.
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComQuest For This Useful Post:
alvin8616 (09-01-2013), terraformer (09-01-2013)
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 09-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #42
Resident Arsehole
 
HCFX2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,163
Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,102 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
Sounds like insurance company needs to reinvestigate that fire.... Think you may have been a little too eager for an FX4!!! Lol I kid I kid. Must have been an act of god!
Lol! It was an electrical harness that wasn't fastened correctly against the firewall and began rubbing against the exhaust manifold and eventually caught fire. I was going through the phases of a GM buyback for previous problems anyway..Maybe GM caused the fire to get out of buying it back. Obama didn't want my truck.
__________________
2015 F-150 Lariat SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost - Tuxedo Black/Ebony - 502a package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Max Trailer Tow w/trailer tow mirrors, Moonroof, 20" Chrome-like PVD wheels, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT, XPEL paint protection, 20% front window tint, Fake Engine Sound Delete
HCFX2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Funkdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 319
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Love the looks.
Wanted something to haul my bike around for track days and service appointments.
Funkdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #44
Girthy Member
 
sllydderrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: De Winton, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,844
Thanked 96 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
@KRIEGHOFF and @goneFXcrazy The government has been bailing out businesses for ever. Even Chrysler got a bail out back in the 80's. Just about every bank and mortgage place has been bailed out. If you like a product then by it. It does not matter if it been helped by the government or not. I would rather see a business get a bailout and people keep their jobs then to see such a huge corp go belly up and people out of work. I guess I don't see what difference it makes anyway.
__________________
2011 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Black 3.5L 3.73:1 LSD 145" wb Max Tow.
A1 Power Fold tow mirrors | OEM AMP Power Steps | Katzkin Full Leather w/ heat | JBL MS-8 | 20" Black Rhino Serengeti | RAS | FX4 flares | Extang Solid Fold | FX-R HID Retrofit| USB2 | DDT3
sllydderrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #45
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,450
Thanked 532 Times in 461 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
[MENTION=125772]KRIEGHOFF[/MENTION] and [MENTION=146349]goneFXcrazy[/MENTION] The government has been bailing out businesses for ever. Even Chrysler got a bail out back in the 80's. Just about every bank and mortgage place has been bailed out. If you like a product then by it. It does not matter if it been helped by the government or not. I would rather see a business get a bailout and people keep their jobs then to see such a huge corp go belly up and people out of work. I guess I don't see what difference it makes anyway.
It's got little to do with the government, I just have strong support for a company that was able to survive where a lot of other companies needed help. Gives me greater faith in the company as a whole. Partly because they had help from Ford Europe to keep it running, and they also made smarter business investments. Not to mention they started out with a better product in the first place. I'm just proud of Ford for making it through a rough time and coming out the other side with an amazing product, continued innovation, and a growing market.

The bailout saved many companies and probably 10's of thousands of jobs. I am grateful for it, just expressing my pride for Ford.
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #46
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,450
Thanked 532 Times in 461 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour View Post
Lol! It was an electrical harness that wasn't fastened correctly against the firewall and began rubbing against the exhaust manifold and eventually caught fire. I was going through the phases of a GM buyback for previous problems anyway..Maybe GM caused the fire to get out of buying it back. Obama didn't want my truck.
Now that is an explanation I can believe!
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #47
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I think the F150 is the best looking truck made. I'll buy what I like regardless of brand but Ford has been good to me on previous vehicles so that was a plus. The pre-owned market for the best selling truck is huge so I was able to select the used truck I wanted as if I was ordering a new one, just had to travel a bit to buy it.
ColtM4A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,450
Thanked 532 Times in 461 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtM4A3 View Post
I think the F150 is the best looking truck made. I'll buy what I like regardless of brand but Ford has been good to me on previous vehicles so that was a plus. The pre-owned market for the best selling truck is huge so I was able to select the used truck I wanted as if I was ordering a new one, just had to travel a bit to buy it.
I agree. Even seriously considered the Avalanche, but as always, mechanically, aesthetically, and by value, the Ford came out on top.

When I started looking for mine, the preowned choices were staggering. I had 4 within 200 miles, all with less than 15,000 miles on the clock. Exactly what I wanted. And for the price bracket I was looking at, that was damn near a miracle.
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #49
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,825
Thanked 424 Times in 349 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post

I agree. Even seriously considered the Avalanche, but as always, mechanically, aesthetically, and by value, the Ford came out on top.

When I started looking for mine, the preowned choices were staggering. I had 4 within 200 miles, all with less than 15,000 miles on the clock. Exactly what I wanted. And for the price bracket I was looking at, that was damn near a miracle.
I had an Avalanche and loved it. I was in total awe with that truck. It is drool worthy.
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,450
Thanked 532 Times in 461 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
I had an Avalanche and loved it. I was in total awe with that truck. It is drool worthy.
Everybody I talk to just absolutely loves theirs! I like them too. Did they ever make a GMC version, or was it limited to just the Avalanche and the Escalade EXT?

I really thought about getting one. Liked the design and function of that flow through bed, but it is an old design. The interior was dated and fit and finish just weren't the same. Then there's that very thirsty V8 and ancient tranny. Too bad, cause I did like it.
goneFXcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply


Tags
5.4, f150, ford, leveling kit, xlt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.