General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went Wheelin...sort of

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Went Wheelin...sort of

There is some state land down the road that I drove by today on my way to a sales appointment. On the way back I stopped there to eat my lunch. There is a trail market designated winter road that I've never gone down because until now I didn't have the vehicle for it. So I'm going down the road and it's getting narrow and more ruts. Now I'm going through deep mud holes and there is nowhere to turn around so I have to keep going. (Inside the cab I'm in a shirt and tie and dress shoes). Anyway the truck handled it great and I finally came out the other side. Bad news is the trees and brush were rubbing up against the side of the truck. I brought the truck back to the house (also my office) to find a lot of little scratches and one bigger one. All I can say is thankyou turtle wax. I was able to clean the mud off and use the wax to take the marks out of the clear coat. (I was relieved). Even the larger scratch that wasn't very deep but was wide came out.

I did have fun. Next time I'll have to find a place without the trees and brush!

John
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

thats all part of the wheeling experience. around here we call it redneck pinstripe. as long as you have a nice thick layer of wax on your truck and use common sense on where you go, you should be fine.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

lol @ redneck pinstripe. That's great.....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by green machine
thats all part of the wheeling experience. around here we call it redneck pinstripe. as long as you have a nice thick layer of wax on your truck and use common sense on where you go, you should be fine.
Yup..Nevada pinstripe here. Got a load the first time I took mine out.

Gave it character...