General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak

Old 12-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak

Hello,

I'm a new member here. Trying to find an answer to a question regarding my 03 F150.

I recently discovered a water leak stemming from the back window of my truck.........

I believe it's been going on for about a week. Noticed a slight smell. The kind water gives carpet after it's sat a day or so........

Well, it rained hard here in Ga yesterday and today and I've found the leak.

I have the sliding rear window in my truck and I can't tell exactly where the leak is coming from. The water drips directly behind my driver's seat and it seems to be dripping from the sliding window track........

Also noticed my 3rd break light has water inside it as well.

I don't know if the water is entering through my brake light and running down towards my driver side or if I have 2 seperate leaks going on. One in the brake light and coming in through the sliding window track assembly??

I really can't stand going to the dealership so I figured I might get some helpful tips here. I'd like to fix it myself if I possibly could.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

BuckyT
Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a gasket around the third break light housing that many folks around here have had issues with. Try replacing that first. I'm guessing that will stop your leak.

John
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Stone
There is a gasket around the third break light housing that many folks around here have had issues with. Try replacing that first. I'm guessing that will stop your leak.

John
Can you get the gasket separately or do you just have to replace the whole break light?

Thanks,

BuckyT
Old 12-11-2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BuckyT
Can you get the gasket separately or do you just have to replace the whole break light?

Thanks,

BuckyT
I just went outside and took the third light off, and I see a small quarter sized gasket that the wiring goes through into the cab. Is this the gasket in question??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water Leak