Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration 2014 FX4

Old 09-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration 2014 FX4

I have seen similar posts but not this exactly. Sorry if this has been discussed but I haven't seen it.
My brand new FX4 402A is AWESOME... Except there is vibration at any speed. It was there when I drove it but I was assured it was a tire balance issue. Since it was the only one on the lot set exactly as I wanted I accepted it and had them write in they would fix the vibration.
Next day they road force balanced 3 of 4 tires. The 4th could not be done and a new one was ordered. That was replaced and given back to me. It seemed ok to me but not really fixed.
I had a trip to go on so I had to wait a few days to take it back. I had to leave it for a few hours. Got a call they drove the truck but felt no vibration!!! I asked if the service manager would go on a drive with me. Just driving off the lot he said he could feel what I described. JEEZE REALLY?!!
So now I am to bring it back Monday and they will drive it and compare to a few FX4s with 20" rims like mine and some with 18". BTW the tires are the Scorpions.
Anyone else gone through this? Sorry this is lengthy but thank you for reading it. Responses welcome and appreciated.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I have a 2014 supercrew with the same issue. Brought it back to dealer and they balanced the tires, still didn't fix it. Went back again and they said nothing was out of spec and to drive it a couple more thousand miles and see if it gets better. It's driving me nuts. Hopefully I just have crappy tires
Old 09-13-2014, 11:06 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Not sure if you have supercrew with 6.5 ft bed? I heard some of those have drive shaft issues
Old 09-13-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Truck Yeah
Not sure if you have supercrew with 6.5 ft bed? I heard some of those have drive shaft issues
It's Eco with 5' bed. Super crew. Based on others posts, I'm thinking crappy tires although lots of good reviews on other sites. Not so many good ones on this forum.

Last edited by Amccone; 09-13-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy70
I have a 2014 supercrew with the same issue. Brought it back to dealer and they balanced the tires, still didn't fix it. Went back again and they said nothing was out of spec and to drive it a couple more thousand miles and see if it gets better. It's driving me nuts. Hopefully I just have crappy tires
Hi Jeremy..yeah sounds like we are in the same shape. Don't let up. Have them go with you on a test drive. How the first guy didn't feel it I don't know. I'm really glad the service mgr did. Gives me hope.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:10 PM

I won't let up. If you find out your problem let me know.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:59 PM

I will let you know for sure.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Amccone
...My brand new FX4 402A is AWESOME... Except there is vibration at any speed...
Originally Posted by Jeremy70
I have a 2014 supercrew with the same issue...
Hi Amccone and Jeremy70,

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how things go at your dealerships, but don't hesitate to contact me for assistance as well. Send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll start researching some ways to help.

Crystal
The following 2 users liked this post by FordService:
Amccone (09-15-2014), freddyttt (02-23-2015)
Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM

Thanks Crystal. I'll PM you with my info soon. Today they drove an FX4 with Michelin tires and said it was better but the issue existed with that one too. My SM told me they are requesting info from a Tech Service back east. It was too late for anyone to get back to them today. It's somewhat frustrating that I'll be dealing with this again, but still encouraging that the SM acknowledges the issue is there. The story continues...
Old 09-15-2014, 09:25 PM

Default 2014 fx4 vibration

Same here guys only 2500 miles on my truck and I have had it to the dealer 3 times they replaced 1 tire and then 2 and managed to take out a big chip of paint from my rim. After they had it PAINTED not replaced it still vibrates at different speeds but the worst around 75mph. In this truck it seems like you can feel every bump I'm the road from the rear end. Wow I'm really disappointed. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vibration 2014 FX4