Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

University Project

Old 11-14-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default University Project

Hello everyone, I have to write a paper on an online community and would appreciate it if a few of you would help me. The focus of this assignment is to analyze the community as a whole, however having statements from various members would very much aid me in my research.

Here are some questions I have, feel free to answer however many
1)What is your age, and career?
2)What made you get a ford?
3)What made you join the community?
4)How have you benefited from joining?
5)What connections have you made since joining?
6)What have you learned since joining?
7)Have you met up with any other members?
8)Is this the only ford forum you are apart of or have you joined others?
9)Is there anything you don't like about the community?
10)How good do you feel the admins run the website?
11)What have you contributed to the community?
12)Is there any specific conflict that constantly comes up in the forum?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Army Signals retired

Received 220 Likes on 190 Posts

I'd like to help you out so, here are a few of my answers;

1) 53 yr old male, Education Reimbursement Clerk for the Dept of National Defense (Canadian troops want part-time schooling on their own time, we help pay for it).
2) Spent 22 years behind a Toyota 4Runner and loved it. I tried a Chevy and wasn't too impressed, didn't like the look of the Dodge, a few friends had Fords so I bought one...and still loving it.
3) I was part of a Toyota site for years. I learned a lot from the people there so thought it would be the same for Ford. I picked this site because of all the good things I heard about it from others.
4) I have tried a few of the mods others have done and they worked out pretty good so, I can thank a few people on here for sharing and saving me a lot of time trying to come up with something on my own. A picture is worth a thousand words.
5) I haven't made any connections since joining. I haven't really tried and it has never come up. Once I had a member offer me his mailing address as I was trying to purchase something in the States that would not deliver to Canada but didn't not take him up on that as I didn't make the purchase. So I thought that was pretty decent of someone to do that considering we have never met before.
6) I have learned that there are a lot of people with some pretty good questions. I have learned that there are a lot of people with some pretty good answers and advice. I have learned that most replies are very helpful, I have learned that some replies are not helpful at all and borderline on harassment. I have learned to 'really' search for something before asking a question because I don't want a reply that will make me want to punch someone in the mouth. I have learned a lot more Geography of the USA, because every time I see someone's sig block, and I don't know where that is, I google it to find out.
7) I have not met up with any other member.
8) Yes, this is the only Ford forum I am on.
9) So far there isn't really anything that I don't like about this community. If I don't like what I'm reading or seeing, I stop reading and stop looking!
10) I think the admins are doing a great job running this site.
11) I haven't contributed anything to the community other than welcoming new mbrs here.
12) I have not seen or maybe even noticed any conflict on this forum other than the odd off the wall comment that one will make towards another. It happens in the schools, it happens in the work place and it happens in the military, I think some people just need thicker skin and others need to drop the role of bully.

I hope that something that I have said comes to good use for you. Good luck on your project.
The following users liked this post:
LawlessLariat (11-15-2016)
Old 07-22-2023, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mike-in-kingston
i'd like to help you out so, here are a few of my answers;

1) 53 yr old male, education reimbursement clerk for the dept of national defense (canadian troops want part-time schooling on their own time, we help pay for it).
2) spent 22 years behind a toyota 4runner and loved it. I tried a chevy and wasn't too impressed, didn't like the look of the dodge, a few friends had fords so i bought one...and still loving it.
3) i was part of a toyota site for years. I learned a lot from the people there so thought it would be the same for ford. I picked this site because of all the good things i heard about it from others.
4) i have tried a few of the mods others have done and they worked out pretty good so, i can thank a few people on here for sharing and saving me a lot of time trying to come up with something on my own. A picture is worth a thousand words.
5) i haven't made any connections since joining. I haven't really tried and it has never come up. Once i had a member offer me his mailing address as i was trying to purchase something in the states that would not deliver to canada but didn't not take him up on that as i didn't make the purchase. So i thought that was pretty decent of someone to do that considering we have never met before.
6) i have learned that there are a lot of people with some pretty good questions. I have learned that there are a lot of people with some pretty good answers and advice. I have learned that most replies are very helpful, i have learned that some replies are not helpful at all and borderline on harassment. I have learned to 'really' search for something before asking a question because i don't want a reply that will make me want to punch someone in the mouth. I have learned a lot more geography of the usa, because every time i see someone's sig block, and i don't know where that is, i google it to find out.
7) i have not met up with any other member.
8) yes, this is the only ford forum i am on.
9) so far there isn't really anything that i don't like about this community. If i don't like what i'm reading or seeing, i stop reading and stop looking!
10) i think the admins are doing a great job running this site.
11) i haven't contributed anything to the community other than welcoming new mbrs here.
12) i have not seen or maybe even noticed any conflict on this forum other than the odd off the wall comment that one will make towards another. It happens in the schools, it happens in the work place and it happens in the military, i think some people just need thicker skin and others need to drop the role of bully.

I hope that something that i have said comes to good use for you. Good luck on your project.
😱
Old 07-22-2023, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by LawlessLariat
Hello everyone, I have to write a paper on an online community and would appreciate it if a few of you would help me. The focus of this assignment is to analyze the community as a whole, however having statements from various members would very much aid me in my research.

Here are some questions I have, feel free to answer however many
1)What is your age, and career?
2)What made you get a ford?
3)What made you join the community?
4)How have you benefited from joining?
5)What connections have you made since joining?
6)What have you learned since joining?
7)Have you met up with any other members?
8)Is this the only ford forum you are apart of or have you joined others?
9)Is there anything you don't like about the community?
10)How good do you feel the admins run the website?
11)What have you contributed to the community?
12)Is there any specific conflict that constantly comes up in the forum?

I have always liked university projects. Considering Internet communities, it is worth noting their importance in modern society. They create an opportunity to bring together people with common interests, hobbies or goals. Participation in communities can be a source of new knowledge, support, and a platform for sharing experiences. I once also wrote a project about dystopia, found https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/dystopia/ for this. It is important to note that each community has its own characteristics and dynamics, and its success depends on the active participation and contribution of its members. Therefore, the analysis of the opinions and experience of the participants, as the author suggests, will be able to shed light on the topic of interest and give a more objective picture of the community as a whole.
I am happy to help with your university project. Here are my answers to your questions:

1. My age is 30 years old, I work in the field of marketing.
2. I didn't buy a Ford because I'm interested in other car brands.
3. I have not joined the ford community, but I am active in the bike community.
4. The benefits of being part of a cycling community are sharing experiences, finding new trails to ride, and meeting like-minded people.
5. I have made many connections with other cyclists with whom I regularly travel to training and events.
6. Since joining the community I have learned how to maintain my bike better and improve my riding skills.
7. Yes, I regularly meet other members at training and events.
8. This is not the only community I participate in, I also subscribe to other forums and social media groups related to cycling.
9. In the cycling community, there are sometimes intense discussions about the rules of the road.
10. Our community administrators run the site well, maintaining order and resolving conflicts.
11. I am actively involved in organizing events and training newcomers.
12. Some members of our community do not agree about the safety of riding on roads and bike paths, which causes conflicts.

Last edited by susitatham; 07-24-2023 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:36 AM

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Seeing as this post is from 2016, I HIGHLY doubt the OP is still working on the project.

Check the date, people.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:42 PM

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,548 Posts

LOL
Old 07-25-2023, 07:38 PM

Received 984 Likes on 664 Posts

If he is, he`s a professional student.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: University Project