Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune install question

Old 06-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Tune install question

I'm looking at the Live wire tuner when it comes to these things I have absolutely NO Knowledge of them.,( I have been forum searching on this and have come up empty handed) my question is are these a plug and play or do they have to be hard wired in.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you may want to look on google for some customer feedback if not done so already. If I am not mistaken i think there was some issues with the livewire. Not 100 percent sure. It seems like there was a thread on this forum and someone was talking about it.

For myself I think I am gona just go with a used sct xcal2. I just cant afford the new one. But either way definitely an upgrade..
Old 06-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I know there were some reported issues with the Livewire when it first came out, but I think those have been worked out (don't quote me on that though). Personally the only thing the Livewire gives you over say an Xcal II or III is the guages. Oh yeah you also get 3 canned tunes as well, but if you're going to order custom tuning then you have no need for those 3 canned tunes. I bought a Scanguage II and now have the ability to monitor selected settings like the Edge or Livewire.

To the original question. Yes it is simply plug and play. You simply plug it into your OBD II port and tell it what to do. Thye first time you plug it in it will download your stock tune to the Livewire and then you can select which tune you want to load. I have never used the Livewrire so I can't give you specifics on how they load, but I'm sure they're not much (if any) different than my Xcal II. You simply scroll down to load tune and select which tune you want to load and it loads it up in a matter of about 5 mins. It's that simple.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:26 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Cool thanks guys for the info.I'll check to see if they are still having issues with it.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:06 AM
crush a little car today

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my LiveWire. Besides the different tunes you have a monitor for up to 6 pids. Then you can use LiveLink and datalog all the pids in your ECM. I've had nothing but good luck with mine and my dealer was soooo helpful getting me started.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaboom10
I love my LiveWire. Besides the different tunes you have a monitor for up to 6 pids. Then you can use LiveLink and datalog all the pids in your ECM. I've had nothing but good luck with mine and my dealer was soooo helpful getting me started.
thats a good sign. I cant wait till i get something. I just got a phone call today for a better job..mmmm more money for truck..

I cant wait to get trans to shift better. that is one of the things i am looking forward to.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

when they came out they had alot of issues...i have had mine since november and its been awesome...had to have it reflashed for the new updates because i got one of the original screwy units but they are great after the fact and the data logging/monitoring is great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune install question