Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck shut off this morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Truck shut off this morning

I searched but didn't find anything.

This morning when I left work, I remote started my truck and drove about a mile down the road. When I pulled in to a parking spot I noticed the AC felt warm. I looked down at the instrument panel and it said "full accessory power active" and the engine was off. I placed the truck in neutral and restarted the truck and finished pulling into the parking spot and then shut it off. I then drove home with no issues.

Has this happened to anybody else? My truck info is in my signature and I have 927miles.
Attached Thumbnails Truck shut off this morning-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Khislop007; 04-09-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

You stalled.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
You stalled.
Yup. Probably popped the clutch too quick
Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 AM

Default Update

Well I took my truck to the dealer yesterday and they said they didn't find any codes (I knew that would happen) but they did find out that some module needed to update. I assume this update would have been done during my first service had it not stalled with me prior to that. I just hope this update fixed the issue and doesn't happen again.

I also told them about the cooled seats. Service guy told me they didn't find any trouble codes. I was like why would there be any in the first place, the damn seat backs just don't cool as efficiently as the bottom. I have a 2016 so issume it has the TSB with the sock done. I haven't got chance to check yet. I'm trained in infrared thermography so I'll try to take some pictures and do a formal report and give to them. Hopefully they pass it on to Ford, not like they would really do anything though. It just sucks you pay $53k for a truck and a simple thing like cooled seats don't work like they should and it seems like they don't care to have it fixed properly.

Quick Reply: Truck shut off this morning