General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck shakes and bogs down

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck shakes and bogs down

i have an 04 fx4 my mechanic buddy put it on his computer and came up with 2 codes 2106 and 2135 does any one have any ideas, id like to fix it myself. his pc was down and couldnt tell me what they meant
Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 PM

have you run out or come real close to running out of gas lately?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 AM

Default truck bogs down

almost ran out about a week ago
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM

yea that happened to me too i almost ran out than got to the pump just in time and filled it a quarter tank and took off. the service engine soon light came on and the thing seemed to be bogging out and idling really low and making the truck shake a bit. so i opened the owners manual up. screw it ill just type exactly what it says...

these temporary malfunctions can be corrected by filling the fuel tank with good quality fuel. after three driving cycles without this or any other temporary malfunctions present, the service engine soon light should turn off. (a driving cycle consists of a cold engine startup followed by mixed highway/city driving)
if the service engine soon light remains on, have your vehicleserviced at the first available oppertunity.
so i did just that i filled the tank to full with 93 octane and did 3 cold startups followed by 3 highway/city driving sessions and just like that it went away.
so yea id definately try that out before you go and take it to a shop. worked fine for me and i didnt have to pay a technician to tell me what it says right in the manual. good luck!

Quick Reply: truck shakes and bogs down