General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default truck problem please help

got my truck a few days ago ran fine all the way up till now just cranked it up and it ran fine for a few seconds i put it in gear and started backing up then it bogged down then shut off lights and everything still worked turned it off then it wouldent crank waited a few minutes then tried again diddnt put it in gear this time then after about a minute it just shut off again does anyone know what it is
Old 12-19-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 132 Likes on 79 Posts

a little more info year make model milage
Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 AM

miles 300,000 well just under 1994 f150 xl i was thinking it was a filter then i found a leak then i found this this and this so im just gonna take it 2 the shop as much as it kills me 2 say that makes me feel alittle helpless but thanks 4 tryin 2 help i dont really need it now that i know i have 2 take it 2 the shop but thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 01:20 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is best if you don't have the the experience you are better off paying somebody else to fix it. You did say where it was leaking but in a fuel injected system this sort of thing can have a number of causes. When you get it fixed let us know what caused it.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:23 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

you would be amazed what you can fix with a haynes or chiltons manual on a vehicle that old(damn near everything), of course if you dont have access to tools thats a different matter.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:42 AM

i have alot of tools and i know a few things but i dont know enough 2 trust myself 100% but i just got the truck my first ever truck im 17 and it kills me knowing i cant help it when its hurt lol but im gonna go 2 machinic school here soon i need 2 learn this stuff
Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 AM

ill repost letting yall know what it is as soon as i do it will probly be a week though be4 i can actualy have it hauled off and looked at i noticed the engine coolant was empty 2day and i checked it like 3 days ago so im pretty sure thats whats leaking there a messed up fuse in the fuse box the engine air filter lid isnt on completly thats a pain in the *** and im pretty sure the problem is the gas filter but seeing all those things messed up and i just got the truck i figure its just bessed 2 take it 2 a pro and see what else is messed up ill update yall on the progress though just in case it ever happens 2 one of u yall will know what 2 look 4
Old 12-22-2010, 04:08 PM

got it fixed no idea what was wrong with it i just went out there and started unscrewing stuff and i replaced the coolant undid the engine filter put it back on then messed with the fuse box checked all my fluids ran 2 the gas station like 5 times filling up little portable tanks then i started it ran till i got in the gas so i let it sit started it again then let it run for 10 minutes be4 i slowly got in the gas it runs good now but i wont be pulling out infront of anyone anytime soon lol

Quick Reply: truck problem please help