General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Got New Tread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Truck Got New Tread

Got my Tires today I went with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO LT305/65 R18 on stock rims so far they seem to ride nice and there is absolutely no rubbing and they look good to! Going to get new rims come this spring hoping to have a little extra jing by then. I'll try to post pics this weekend.The only thing I seem to have a problem with is, I tried to change the tire size with my tuner SCT X3 w/VMP tunes and I can't figure it out thought I did but when I changed it the truck wouldn't start not even a click had to go back to stock then to one of the cust tunes now at least it runs. guess I'll have to get in touch with with Justin or call SCT for a little help
Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats?!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
Got my Tires today I went with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO LT305/65 R18 on stock rims so far they seem to ride nice and there is absolutely no rubbing and they look good to! Going to get new rims come this spring hoping to have a little extra jing by then. I'll try to post pics this weekend.The only thing I seem to have a problem with is, I tried to change the tire size with my tuner SCT X3 w/VMP tunes and I can't figure it out thought I did but when I changed it the truck wouldn't start not even a click had to go back to stock then to one of the cust tunes now at least it runs. guess I'll have to get in touch with with Justin or call SCT for a little help
SCT has that live chat option too!!

And welcome to the BFG brotherhood.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the comments extremely happy with them thus far. Should get pics up tonight went to take pics yesterday and the batteries were dead in my camera.
SCT has that live chat option too!!

And welcome to the BFG brotherhood
is this like a tech help or is this something you download in tuner sorry to sound stupid but I'm still relatively new to this tuner thing. I've shot 2 e-mails to Justin @ VMP in the past 2 weeks and have got no reply I'm gonna try to give him a call tonight.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
Thanks for the comments extremely happy with them thus far. Should get pics up tonight went to take pics yesterday and the batteries were dead in my camera.
is this like a tech help or is this something you download in tuner sorry to sound stupid but I'm still relatively new to this tuner thing. I've shot 2 e-mails to Justin @ VMP in the past 2 weeks and have got no reply I'm gonna try to give him a call tonight.

It is a live chat option on the computer.
Go here,
http://www.sctflash.com/contact.php and the link is towards the bottom on the left.

As for Justin, I have found that if he doesn't get back to you in a day or so, he probably doesn't have your eamil. Every time I sent him one if he doesn't repsond in a week he doesn't have it. Make sure you just take his previous email and reply to it.
I emailed him friday and he answered me this am. Try finding his email and repsond with it, if not at least put your order number etc. in the subject line.

Hope that helps ya
Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing the new tires on your truck...hurry up and post some pictures will ya!!

John
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM

First off thanks sin I'll go there tonight. Tried calling Justin No answer try again tomorrow. Here are the pics I promised there not that great do to low light but I didn't want to make Dark Stone wait any longer lol and the weather is suppose to be pretty nasty around here the next couple of days. As you can see they fill the wheel wells nicely and like I said earlier they ride,handle GREAT! with nooo rubbing at all with no modifications and at this point they are quiet only bad side lost approx 2 miles to the gallon oh well price of looking good but I'm hopeful once I get in touch with Justin this can be corrected
Attachment 2327

Attachment 2328

Attachment 2329

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 04-30-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks nice man!! I like it a lot. I'm surprised you lost 2 miles to the gallon though. Seems like a lot.

John
Old 11-25-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dark Stone
Looks nice man!! I like it a lot. I'm surprised you lost 2 miles to the gallon though. Seems like a lot.

John
Yea I was surprised too I normally get around 16mpg going to a friend of mine he's ruffly an hour away this past weekend it was around 14.5 so more like 1.5 mpg loss and around town I get around 13.7 and I'm getting around 12.6 so a little more then a 1 mpg wow now that I just wrote it down it's not quite 2 cool already got a 1/2 to 1 mpg back cool LOL
Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Looks very nice

Quick Reply: Truck Got New Tread