General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission slips when i turn corners and revs up

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP please, Transmission slips when i turn corners and revs up

I need Some Help... about two weeks ago my tranny started slipping out of gear when i would turn or go around corners. and i had the transmission fluid changed maybe 6 months ago, and i checked the fluid level after they did it and it was right. so when it started slipping I checked it while it was running and it showed a good bit over full. and then it started to slip every once and awhile on strait aways while i was driving and i would have to manually shift it down to 2nd to grab a gear and then back up to drive and it would fix it temperarily. and it stated sliping on every turn. and just today i was driving and it just stoped going. i have no forward gears but i still have reverse... what do you think that could be????? i was maybe thinking at first it could be the pick up tube.. but now im not sure, maybe clutch...???? can some one help me out here please

Last edited by ktmsx12532; 04-08-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: No response
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ktmsx12532
I need Some Help... about two weeks ago my tranny started slipping out of gear when i would turn or go around corners. and i had the transmission fluid changed maybe 6 months ago, and i checked the fluid level after they did it and it was right. so when it started slipping I checked it while it was running and it showed a good bit over full. and then it started to slip every once and awhile on strait aways while i was driving and i would have to manually shift it down to 2nd to grab a gear and then back up to drive and it would fix it temperarily. and it stated sliping on every turn. and just today i was driving and it just stoped going. i have no forward gears but i still have reverse... what do you think that could be????? i was maybe thinking at first it could be the pick up tube.. but now im not sure, maybe clutch...???? can some one help me out here please
I am not really able to help with the problem. But, other members that can will need to know more about your truck. Year, engine and transmission will be needed for a proper diagnosis. Also, we have generation(year) specific sections on the forum where you are likely to receive more responses, if you post your problem in the appropriate section.

good luck

Quick Reply: Transmission slips when i turn corners and revs up