Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch Up Paint

Old 07-21-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 201 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Touch Up Paint

Are there any specific brands of touch up paint that are better than others? Either in quality of color match? And what is preferred? Bottle, spray or pen? I have a couple of deep scratches that need to be cleaned up.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I used some from the Ford Dealership. Ruby Red. It matched well and seems to be durable. The parts dept will need your paint code.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't tell from the pic, but are those dents? I know Dupli-Color perfect matched my Nissan really well. You can get it at AutoZone for about $7 a can. They have the pens too. I sanded it down, primed with Dupli-Color primer, wet sanded, painted, wet sanded, painted, clear coat...so on and so on. I would think doing it in the middle of a piece like that would be harder to match though.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 201 Likes on 106 Posts

It is slightly dented but I can live with it. The picture angle makes it look worse. Since it's on the bottom of the truck, it will be hard to notice once painted. If it still drives me nuts since it's on a new truck, I'll look into professional options but due to cost, I'm going to give it a run myself using the same process as above. Thanks. I'll check out duplicolor as other brands seem to be pretty pricey.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touch Up Paint