General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover Choices

Old 07-28-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Tonneau Cover Choices

Good Morning All,

Been thinking about getting back into the tonneau cover world. I had an Extang Full Tilt on my previous 2 Silverados in the Summer and took them off in the Winter to run my toolbox and remove my tailgate for plowing.

I have the same tool box in my F150 now and am thinking about a new cover for behind it. I no longer plow, so the cover will be on in all seasons. Looking for a soft cover. Im most interested in the Extang Full Tilt snapless Tool Box Tonneau(had the snap version before, snapless looks cleaner), Extang Express Tool Box tonneau and Access Tool Box tonneau.

Really looking to spend about $400, all these are just over so in the ball park.

My tool box is a Husky box that is fairly large. It is 20 7/16'' wide (all covers require 19-21'' box width) so we are safe there.

The Access cover looks like it stays inside the bed rails allowing access to stake pockets while the Extang is over the rail. Im a little worried that since the rail is not smooth that there may not be as good of a seal with the Extang. Access to the pockets does seem nice but with the cover on i doubt im going to use them.

Also a little worried that i can shove the tool box all the way to the front of the rail, so there is a small gap there because it is a fill lid style box and not a gull wing. So the lid of the box will hit the back window unless spaced correctly. Will have to come up with some type of waterproof channel. Was also thinking about trading my box for a gull wing style box.?

Any experience with these? Would like it to be as waterproof as possible.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:30 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mjmck
Also a little worried that i can shove the tool box all the way to the front of the rail, so there is a small gap there because it is a fill lid style box and not a gull wing. So the lid of the box will hit the back window unless spaced correctly. Will have to come up with some type of waterproof channel. Was also thinking about trading my box for a gull wing style box.?

Any experience with these? Would like it to be as waterproof as possible.
Thank you for considering our ACCESS Toolbox Roll-Up Cover!

We include a seal to put between the toolbox and the front of the bed. You can see it here in the instructions we include with our tonneau cover.

Also, if you buy directly from us, we include a little bonus. Just type F150FORUM in the promo code box at checkout, and we'll throw a in an extra gift for you.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Also, what year and model is your truck?
The following users liked this post:
mjmck (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by ACCESS
Thank you for considering our ACCESS Toolbox Roll-Up Cover!

We include a seal to put between the toolbox and the front of the bed. You can see it here in the instructions we include with our tonneau cover.

Also, if you buy directly from us, we include a little bonus. Just type F150FORUM in the promo code box at checkout, and we'll throw a in an extra gift for you.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Also, what year and model is your truck?

Great thanks!

Its a 2011 F150 Supercab with 6.5' box.
Agri-Cover, Inc. (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,052 Likes on 6,499 Posts

I can vouch for the Access covers. I've had the same Access Limited on my Ranger for 11 years now, top shelf item, and zero problems. But, seeing the width of your tool box, 20"+, do they have one that would work with your 6.5 box?
There is a guy on here that mounted a cover for a 5.5' bed, with a 12" wide tool box in front of it. Sounds like it works pretty good for him.
You might have to go to a narrower toolbox?
Truxedo LoPro QT, is another very nice cover, that's on my 150, for the last 3 years..
Agri-Cover, Inc. (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:51 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by mjmck
Great thanks!

Its a 2011 F150 Supercab with 6.5' box.
Then the instructions I showed you are correct. The 2015 F-150s have some special steps with different instructions.
mjmck (07-30-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:57 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by johnday
I can vouch for the Access covers. I've had the same Access Limited on my Ranger for 11 years now, top shelf item, and zero problems. But, seeing the width of your tool box, 20"+, do they have one that would work with your 6.5 box?
There is a guy on here that mounted a cover for a 5.5' bed, with a 12" wide tool box in front of it. Sounds like it works pretty good for him.
You might have to go to a narrower toolbox?
Truxedo LoPro QT, is another very nice cover, that's on my 150, for the last 3 years..
Thanks for vouching for us!

Our ACCESS Toolbox Roll-Up covers are designed for toolboxes with 19" to 21" wide toolboxes. mjmck just needs a PN 61279 for his 2011 F150 with the 6'6" box.
johnday in BFE (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,052 Likes on 6,499 Posts

Originally Posted by ACCESS
Thanks for vouching for us!

Our ACCESS Toolbox Roll-Up covers are designed for toolboxes with 19" to 21" wide toolboxes. mjmck just needs a PN 61279 for his 2011 F150 with the 6'6" box.
You're welcome, you've got a quality product.
Now that I know these are available, and if I ever choose to put a toolbox on, you'll hear from me. Wish I'd known 3 years ago.
Agri-Cover, Inc. (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 07:26 AM

Thanks guys,

I know my tool box is a little on the larger side for sure being almost 20.5''. Its real nice to keep the tools organized and out of the cab. But with an extended cab there isn't much room for stuff.

Will definitely be purchasing from you guys in the near future! Your warranty is also the best out of all the others i looked at.

Thanks for the responses.
Agri-Cover, Inc. (07-30-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Choices