Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires after the LEVEL kit........

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tires after the LEVEL kit........

After much debating and back and forth with mainly myself, I have decided to keep my 2010 F150 SCREW Platinum and give her a better ride and stance. Just couldn't come to grips of trading her in and losing all my luxury creature comforts since there is no way Im able to afford a new King Ranch or Platinum. With only 71k miles on the 5.4, I know she has at least another 100k in her.

Just ordered Halolifts Boss Coilovers and their rear shocks. Front shocks will be built to add 2 inches and should be pretty damn level and the ride will be improved as well.

So after the level I plan on upgrading her shoes. I want to go just a hair bigger to fill the wheel well better and a slightly more aggressive look while having all purpose, quiet tire. I drive 30,000k + miles a year. Mostly highway.

I have not started my research on tires, but thought I would see what other have done that may have been in a similar situation. And Yes I know how to use the search option on this forum......

FWIW, Alex from www.halolifts.com was a tremendous help today. I called him at noon to ask some general questions. Got home around 130, ordered my front coilovers and rear shocks and I got an email this afternoon at 4pm letting me know they shipped today! I find that AMAZING! Cant wait to get the parts on! Attached is a before pic.
Attached Thumbnails Tires after the LEVEL kit........-20170113_152004_resized.jpg  
Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you planning to keep the stock wheels? Or going with an aftermarket? And how much bigger you planning to go with tires? From my research you can run a 285/65/20 (34.6x11.2) with no rubbing or trimming and it looks awesome in my opinion. If you go after market the more offset the smaller the tire you need/ more trimming you need to do
Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jasonfx4
Are you planning to keep the stock wheels? Or going with an aftermarket? And how much bigger you planning to go with tires? From my research you can run a 285/65/20 (34.6x11.2) with no rubbing or trimming and it looks awesome in my opinion. If you go after market the more offset the smaller the tire you need/ more trimming you need to do
Jason,

I am keeping my stock platinum rims. I am leaning toward 285/60 OR 285/65.

Don't want to go overboard with bigger as I do tow a boat and do a lot of HWY miles. My goal was simply to improve the stance and fill the wheel well a touch better.

Researching tires is annoying. So many choices. I dont really do any offroading. one or 2 trips to the outer banks a year. Trying to find a good quiet highway tire with great tread wear that has a semi aggressive look to it. Any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by bfox76
Jason,

Don't want to go overboard with bigger as I do tow a boat and do a lot of HWY miles. My goal was simply to improve the stance and fill the wheel well a touch better.

Researching tires is annoying. So many choices. I dont really do any offroading. one or 2 trips to the outer banks a year. Trying to find a good quiet highway tire with great tread wear that has a semi aggressive look to it. Any suggestions?
With those 2 sizes you listed you'll probably have to go with a heavy LT tire. I'm running a P275x60x20 Toyo AT2 that's only 43 lbs but still offers some looks and decent traction in minor offroad conditions. They don't hurt performance and fuel mileage too bad either. BFG makes this 275x60x20 also in a D rated LT tire and the Falken Wildpeak AT3w can be bought in a P load range.

Here's a few pictures of my Platinum with the P275x60x20 Toyo's...truck leveled with Bilstein 5100 shocks set at 1-1/2 inches in the front.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tires

Looking for new tires and wheels for my 2014 ecoboost and suggestions on back spacing and offset. Would like a little wider than factory and a little taller.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefandavis150
Looking for new tires and wheels for my 2014 ecoboost and suggestions on back spacing and offset. Would like a little wider than factory and a little taller.
Have you run a search? There are probably a few hundred threads on wheel and tire combinations. You could try going to Google and searching for "site:f150forum.com" followed by your search terms. Or, to search just the 2015-Present section, use "site:f150forum.com/f118" followed by your search terms.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bfox76
Jason,

i completely agree, searching for the right tire is very annoying and tedious. I'm kind of in the same boat. I want a bigger tire to fill the wheel well and spacers/ wheels for more stance (I know you are keeping your stock wheels). I love the look of a mud tire but to get a 34-35" mud tire they are all around 70 pounds+ so I doubt I'll go that route. I have 285/55/20 baja ATZ p3s on my stock fx4 wheels now and they look a a tad small to me. If you went 275/65/20 or a 285/65/20 bfg ko2 I don't think you would see a huge It in mpg. They are both taller and lighter than my current tires with a less aggressive contact patch than my tires and I don't find mine too bad. Can slightly notice the weight but it isn't too bad in my opinion.