Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire suggestions

Hello...

This is my first post, so I hope I'm not being lame by posting this. I have had my 2009 F150 XL Longbed for about a year and a half at this point. I like the look of the rims, but I don't like how the tires seem so small; they're 235/70/17. I am not in a position to level or lift it, but I know I'll need tires in the next 3-6 months.

I don't drive off-road, nor do I haul anything really heavy. I do tow a 14' skiff. Most of my driving is around Clearwater, with the occasional drive to St. Pete by way of I-275 or to Tampa over the Courtney Campbell.

The way I see it, I have a few options, but I truly am not sure what would improve the look of the truck given my limited budget. I would like to stay under $800 but could probably stretch to $1000 if I really had to.

Here are my options as I see them:

1) Replace the tires with new ones of the same size at a cost of $600 or so. (Don't like the size, though.)

2) Replace the tires with new ones of a different size, but I'm not sure what size would work best on 17's, and I have the cost to consider. What's the biggest, not necessarily widest, 17 I could get without a leveling kit?

3) Buy takeoffs from someone on Craigslist. I've seen 20's, 18's , and 17's of all different sizes within my price range. Most of these include the rims, of course, and I'm ok with changing rim styles.

If you reply, THANK YOU. Don't feel obligated to write a book. I'm new here and don't expect much given my rookie status. A simple suggestion would be really appreciated.

Here's what the truck looks like in its current state (cleaner than it is right now, though!).

Last edited by gonoles94; 01-18-2017 at 10:28 PM.