General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tire pressure sensors

Can anyone out there tell me , I changed my stock wheels from 18" to 20" , the pressure sensors are stock but not originally on my truck, the dash light is still on sensing as if I don't have them? Do I have to have them reset? It's a 15 super crew.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Are the sensors from a 2015 or 2016? If not, then you need to buy new sensors as earlier model years are NOT compatible. If they are, drive 20 minutes or so. If that doesn't turn the light off, you can follow the procedures in your manual, beginning on page 348:

Performing the System Reset Procedure

Read the entire procedure before attempting.

1. Drive the vehicle above 20 mph (32 km/h) for at least two minutes, then park in a safe location where you can easily get to all four tires and have access to an air pump.
2. Place the ignition in the off position and keep the key in the ignition.
3. Cycle the ignition to the on position with the engine off.
4. Turn the hazard flashers on then off three times. You must accomplish this within 10 seconds. If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once, the system indicator will flash and a message is shown in the information display. If this does not occur, please try again starting at Step 2. If after repeated attempts to enter
the reset mode, the horn does not sound, the system indicator does not flash and no message is shown in the information display, seek service from your authorized dealer.
5. Train the tire pressure monitoring system sensors in the tires using the following system reset sequence starting with the left front tire in the following clockwise order: Left front (driver's side front tire), Right front (passenger's side front tire), Right rear
(passenger's side rear tire), Left rear (driver's side rear tire)
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left front tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds. Note: The single horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been learned by the module for this position. If a double horn is heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful, and you must repeat it.
7. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right front tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
8. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the right rear tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds.
9. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem on the left rear tire. Decrease the air pressure until the horn sounds. Training is complete after the horn sounds for the last tire trained (driver's side rear tire), the system indicator stops flashing, and a message is shown in the information display.
10. Turn the ignition off. If two short horn beeps are heard, the reset procedure was unsuccessful and you must repeat it. If after repeating the procedure and two short beeps are heard when the ignition is turned to off, seek assistance from your authorized dealer.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

what year did the 20" wheels come from ?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
what year did the 20" wheels come from ?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

should be plug and play