General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts and opinions please!

Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 PM
silver bullet

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thoughts and opinions please!

Just finished plastidipping my truck and would like some feedback on how it looks and about how long I should expect it to last.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts and opinions please!-photo734.jpg   Thoughts and opinions please!-photo944.jpg   Thoughts and opinions please!-photo97.jpg  
Old 07-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

looks good. never seen it done with the middle open on the tasil gate.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks damn nice man. As an FX4 owner you can expect the front bumper to get dinged by gravel, road debris slowly but surely. From that standpoint your going to have to re-spray periodically the areas that get chipped so your chrome doesn't shine through. Kind of hard to say on longevity of Plasti-dip since it hasn't been around as paint & clearcoat...don't know if it will fade due to the sun over time or not. Doesn't matter, it was cheap enough for you to spray it on and shouldn't be a big deal if you need to re-spray 3 or 4 years down the road. Truck looks good!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:07 AM
silver bullet

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Thoughts and opinions please!

Thanks guys I appreciate it!! Yeah that middle clearing on the tailgate was a PITA to do. I used painters tape and tried to outline it as straight as possible. Just noticed that I already have a few chips at the front but nothing big that can't be sprayed over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts and opinions please!