Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts & Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts & Opinions please.

Hello,

New here & I know for a fact the best place to get info on any product is to ask the people who own it. I'm looking into getting a new truck & the F-150 is at the top of the list. For those who have a 2014 XLT 4X4 5.0 what your take on the truck? I'm looking at a 2dr or ext cab. Thanks so much!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 PM

Recently bought a slightly used ( 15,000 miles ) 2014 F 150 XLT. 5.0 L Screw. Mine is a 4 X 4. Plenty of power, smooth ride. Been adding accessories. Cap, Nerf bars, grille guard, LED's etc.
Wasn't looking to go that new ( read that much $$$ ) But got it for 25 K.
Payments aren't bad. Had it for 3 months and I'm super happy. Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

13-14 are virtually identical in every way. Have had mine almost 2 years now and 0 issues.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

i love mine
Old 12-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

I have '14 5.0 Xlt scab and like it a lot. Scab best for me, seldom any riders so extra space in 2nd seat would be wasted. I do use it for hauling groc and such. I need the 6.5" bed. I don't have any problem with 3&4 door opening because if I can help it i'm not parking next to anyone..... I really like the backup camera as I have a Leer cap.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the reply's! I've driven an ecoboost, I was much impressed. It's going to be in between a F-150 & a Frontier. The ease of entry & exit & loading being a big factor. The Ford would be easier for service & such, as a dealer is right in town.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:56 PM

Bump, Anyone else?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:44 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

I have a 2013 FX2 which is basically the same as a 2014 XLT 2WD with the exception of how the coilovers mount to the LCAs and a few creature comforts.

This is my 3rd F-150, I owned 2 2003 Larait FX4 before this one. I love the truck, it's like a luxury car but it has a bed! But with that being said this truck has been in to Ford more times than all the other vehicles I have owned combined. All minor stuff but stuff non the less.

Drive Shaft Thump/Slack 3 times. Fixed under warranty, the first 2 times they repacked the slip yoke, it came back and finally just last week they replaced the complete drive shaft and so far so good.

Door Rattle, I ended up fixing myself with foam tape and dynamat.

Drivers Side Handle Keypad, the back lighting went out. Friend with a 2013 Platinum had the same issue. Fix under warranty!

Upper Bumper Pad, there was a spot that the paint started chipping Fixed under warrenty!

One thing that hasn't given me issues but aggregates the crap out of me is that the outer door skin moves a lot when closing the doors, havnt seen a new F150 not have this "issue". Actually talked to a body shop owner about this and he said it's designed like like to provide dents. Me personally think it's Ford way of cutting cost with thinner sheet metal. Neither of my 03 F-150s, 07 Ranger, or 89 & 91 Fox Bodys did this.

But even with all that said! I'm brand loyal and can't ever see myself driving anything other than a Ford. Dodge and Chevy I believe cut much more corners and that Fords are better than them when it comes to quality.

The powertrain most importantly the 5.0L, I have never had a issue with and its been tune since it's had 3K miles on it. I change the oil every 3K and take very good care of it. I expect it to last much longer than I plan to keep it.

You will be happy with it, don't let me few issues sway you as they are minor and getting them fixed under warrenty wasn't a battle. Walk in tell them what's wrong and they order parts. I do mechanic work on the side so I'm often at Ford 1-3 times a week anyways so while I'm picking parts up they knock out whatever needs to be done.

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 12-17-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Z7What
I have a 2013 FX2 which is basically the same as a 2014 XLT 2WD with the exception of how the coilovers mount to the LCAs and a few creature comforts.

This is my 3rd F-150, I owned 2 2003 Larait FX4 before this one. I love the truck, it's like a luxury car but it has a bed! But with that being said this truck has been in to Ford more times than all the other vehicles I have owned combined. All minor stuff but stuff non the less.

Drive Shaft Thump/Slack 3 times. Fixed under warranty, the first 2 times they repacked the slip yoke, it came back and finally just last week they replaced the complete drive shaft and so far so good.

Door Rattle, I ended up fixing myself with foam tape and dynamat.

Drivers Side Handle Keypad, the back lighting went out. Friend with a 2013 Platinum had the same issue. Fix under warranty!

Upper Bumper Pad, there was a spot that the paint started chipping Fixed under warrenty!

One thing that hasn't given me issues but aggregates the crap out of me is that the outer door skin moves a lot when closing the doors, havnt seen a new F150 not have this "issue". Actually talked to a body shop owner about this and he said it's designed like like to provide dents. Me personally think it's Ford way of cutting cost with thinner sheet metal. Neither of my 03 F-150s, 07 Ranger, or 89 & 91 Fox Bodys did this.

But even with all that said! I'm brand loyal and can't ever see myself driving anything other than a Ford. Dodge and Chevy I believe cut much more corners and that Fords are better than them when it comes to quality.

The powertrain most importantly the 5.0L, I have never had a issue with and its been tune since it's had 3K miles on it. I change the oil every 3K and take very good care of it. I expect it to last much longer than I plan to keep it.

You will be happy with it, don't let me few issues sway you as they are minor and getting them fixed under warrenty wasn't a battle. Walk in tell them what's wrong and they order parts. I do mechanic work on the side so I'm often at Ford 1-3 times a week anyways so while I'm picking parts up they knock out whatever needs to be done.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. My 99 Ranger did the same thing. They never could get it fixed even with 4 new driveshafts.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:55 AM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

2013 SCAB XLT Eco 16K miles Zero issues.
I tow a 22' sailboat and a 21' travel trailer regularly not at same time, no issues.

Only thing Ford missed for me was the door detents for the main doors.
NorthernLight Labs has a product called Door detent 3 that fixed the issue!

Here is my post about it.
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/door-d...rience-274960/

Still love it!
Scott

Last edited by 69Shark; 12-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
f150maybe (12-18-2014)

Quick Reply: Thoughts & Opinions please.