Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To those who have tinted their windshield.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Default To those who have tinted their windshield.....

thinking shout tintingvmine as my commute home is pretty much directly into the sun. The place where I had my windows tinted offer a 50%and a 39% full windshield tint. They had s truck ethers with the 50 and honestly, I couldn't really tell what difference it made.

For those of you who have done this, are you happy with it? What % did you do? Any and all input would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Tinting the entire w/s is illegal on U.S. Hwy's. I had them put a limo tint strip across the top front on my truck w/s, does an awesome job on that glare. If the sun goes supernova it might be inefficient but at that point in time pretty much solid ground will be as well.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 20% and it is perfect... I would not get 50%... 20 I can still see at night good
Attached Thumbnails To those who have tinted their windshield.....-photo281.jpg  
Old 02-19-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Tinting the entire w/s is illegal on U.S. Hwy's. I had them put a limo tint strip across the top front on my truck w/s, does an awesome job on that glare. If the sun goes supernova it might be inefficient but at that point in time pretty much solid ground will be as well.
That's true. Top strip is o.k., but full windshield tint will get you a ticket. AND you will have to remove the tint you paid for. It's a shame a shop would even do it for you, knowing it will get you in trouble. But then again, as long as they get your money....

P.S. Why are there so many posts that have enough typos to make them almost un-readable?
The following users liked this post:
Scott91370 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Just talked to a young fellow yesterday that was ticketed by the State Police for illegal tint. He had to remove the windshield tint and the front side windows for being too dark. I still see lots running around with dark tint so I guess he was one of the unlucky ones to get a ticket.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Brettt13
I have 20% and it is perfect... I would not get 50%... 20 I can still see at night good
Thank for the input. I agree about 50 being too light.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by PawPaw
Just talked to a young fellow yesterday that was ticketed by the State Police for illegal tint. He had to remove the windshield tint and the front side windows for being too dark. I still see lots running around with dark tint so I guess he was one of the unlucky ones to get a ticket.
I'm one of those with 15% on my front windows. Never had an issue, I drive like an old lady.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by PawPaw
I'm one of those with 15% on my front windows. Never had an issue, I drive like an old lady.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with 50% on my last truck and my current F150 and find it about right. My transitions glasses don't work inside so it's cuts heavy glare without being too dark at night. Tint strip seems to draw more attention and I've never cared for the look of it. Also have 20 % on the two front windows.

Last edited by DroonMc; 02-20-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Not true. If you can get an optometrist (or any other Doctor) to write you a note, you can 70% on front windshield in VA. I had my front windshield tinted for years.

Total Percentage of Light Allowed With Medical Authorization

Vehicle Window Percentage Allowed
Windshield 35 percent --upper 5 inches or to AS-1 line
OR 70 percent --entire windshield

Front side windows 35 percent

Rear side windows 35 percent

Rear window 35 percent