Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about, whatcha think?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about, whatcha think?

Thinking about buying land to start a business for off roading trails, mudding, as well as a dirt bike trail/ track.

Not quiet sure how much land would be comfortable though, can I get some insight?

It'll be around fort drum area but I was thinking $30 for a day pass?

Thoughts?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Man, that has been a dream of mine for a long time! But there are so many regulations that have to be dealt with. The main one being insurance if someone gets hurt on your property, the others is what other land owners might think around you.

For example they recently closed a dirt bike track near my house because they built a housing community down the road, and the new residents started complaining, even through the track had been around 10 years before any houses were built in the area.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,579 Likes on 6,196 Posts

You will need to become a LLC, limited liability corporation, to avoid costly law suits in the event of injury or death. Make the users sign a legal waiver and show proof of current insurance. I would say start with 50 acres depending on how wooded and hilly it is.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

This what these guys did outside of Dallas. they paid off there property in 2 years

http://www.redneckswithpaychecks.com/
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 PM

I found a few land options roughly 80-85,000 for 80-100 acres, other than that expense. What is there?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Clearing, marking of trails. What are you going to do if a truck gets stuck or disabled? What about emergency care if a person is hurt? Are there going to be times for trucks and different times for dirt bikes as well as quads? Don't thing they would mess well out there at the same time.

Good idea but lots to think about.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by bmach
Clearing, marking of trails. What are you going to do if a truck gets stuck or disabled? What about emergency care if a person is hurt? Are there going to be times for trucks and different times for dirt bikes as well as quads? Don't thing they would mess well out there at the same time.

Good idea but lots to think about.
I was thinking of doing a natural moto x track - nothing to crazy and a mix for the trails with a mind your way rule between atv/bike and trucks

lots and lots to think about
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 AM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Oklahoma has a state funded 4x4 and atv park near the Kerr Dam. It's in eastern Oklahoma. They have farmers and private forestry areas that are marked off. Haven't heard what type of emergency planning they have done, but it's a good park. I'm pretty sure it's sponsored by the GRDA (Grand River Dam Authority) which is part of Grand Lake and Hudson Lake.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM

I think some money is to be made if they park is done right, and marketed right.

I think I need a partner or two for this.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 147 Likes on 125 Posts

i would talk to a lawyer about this to limit you risk as much as possible... maybe having 2 llc's one that runs the "park" and leases the land from the other llc that happens to own it?

I know a few people that buy rental properties and they do similar things. so basically the llc that runs the park is the only entity that can get sued and that llc really doesn't have any collateral. I could miss understand how it works or the people I know doing similar things could have miss-informed me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about, whatcha think?