General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tempting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Default Tempting?

I finally get my truck exactly how I want it and this comes thru in email.

"You've been selected to take part in our vehicle exchange program. _______ Ford is now offering an opportunity to obtain interest rates as low as 0% for up to 72 months for any customer who paid cash or financed their vehicle at a private lending source."

Your vehicle has been identified as fitting the above criteria and we would like an opportunity to meet with you at your earliest convenience. To participate in this unique program, please reply to this email to schedule a VIP Appointment with your Vehicle Exchange Coordinator or simply call ________ and ask to speak to a Sales Manager.

Additionally, click here and enjoy a full preview of the all new 2015 FORD F-150.

Sincerely, ________ Ford

Hmmmmm time for another blank slate? Only downfall as already mentioned is I already have my truck just the way I want it. It's almost 3 years old but only has 9300 miles on it. On the up side it would save me a couple thou in interest.

Damn this is a tough one to ponder.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

New truck, blank slate, AND save money?

Only real question is, is the truck you have now exactly how you would want ANY truck you own? OR is it exactly how you want THAT truck?

If the latter, and you dig the newer ones, and could make the NEW truck exactly how you want IT, and potentially save a few bucks, or at least not spend too much more ... then definitely go for it. You gain back a warranty, and a higher resale value due to it being the current body style...

but you already know all the above lol.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
I finally get my truck exactly how I want it and this comes thru in email.

"You've been selected to take part in our vehicle exchange program. _______ Ford is now offering an opportunity to obtain interest rates as low as 0% for up to 72 months for any customer who paid cash or financed their vehicle at a private lending source."

Your vehicle has been identified as fitting the above criteria and we would like an opportunity to meet with you at your earliest convenience. To participate in this unique program, please reply to this email to schedule a VIP Appointment with your Vehicle Exchange Coordinator or simply call ________ and ask to speak to a Sales Manager.

Additionally, click here and enjoy a full preview of the all new 2015 FORD F-150.

Sincerely, ________ Ford

Hmmmmm time for another blank slate? Only downfall as already mentioned is I already have my truck just the way I want it. It's almost 3 years old but only has 9300 miles on it. On the up side it would save me a couple thou in interest.

Damn this is a tough one to ponder.
You know you want a new one...just go over to DB on Lapalco and pick one out! You only go around once...
Old 11-23-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Everyone here is going to get the same junk in their own email, if not their actual mailbox.

There's always a catch and/or the dealer always ends up being the bigger winner.
The following users liked this post:
gregsf150stx (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 05:12 PM

According to nada I'm about 6 grand trade in value above what I owe on the current truck not counting any of the mods. I know you don't get anything for that and I could put everything back stock, but other than the amp power boards and winch it would be a major pita to revert it all back.

Guess I'm gonna just poke around the net and see what pricing looks like and weigh all options before I jump, I'm in no hurry to trade or sell if at all.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SteveLord
Everyone here is going to get the same junk in their own email, if not their actual mailbox.

There's always a catch and/or the dealer always ends up being the bigger winner.

Yep, they are in business to make a profit for sure.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by PawPaw
You know you want a new one...just go over to DB on Lapalco and pick one out! You only go around once...
DB is a joke. They are way over priced on everything.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wiggum
New truck, blank slate, AND save money?

Only real question is, is the truck you have now exactly how you would want ANY truck you own? OR is it exactly how you want THAT truck?

If the latter, and you dig the newer ones, and could make the NEW truck exactly how you want IT, and potentially save a few bucks, or at least not spend too much more ... then definitely go for it. You gain back a warranty, and a higher resale value due to it being the current body style...

but you already know all the above lol.
The one thing I would want that my truck don't have is an elocker.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,597 Likes on 6,203 Posts

Is moding the new truck (money spent on mods ) going to outweigh saved interest rate? I doubt it but even if it's break even, you have a newer truck with less miles. Go for it.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Summers22
Is moding the new truck (money spent on mods ) going to outweigh saved interest rate? I doubt it but even if it's break even, you have a newer truck with less miles. Go for it.
Yeah it would exceed mod cost, I spent a little more than 10 grand currently.

Quick Reply: Tempting?