Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...Technical Service Bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...Technical Service Bulletins

Guys,
how do i get a copy of a TSB my Linclon Blackwood's power bed cover has just taken a dump and it appears to be the module behind the aluminum cladding in the bed and I can't see how to remove it, I saw where a TSB 02-9-6 will give me the details i need to remove the cladding...Will a dealer pull a copy for me for a fee, any suggestions.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what's in the TSB.
Article No.
02-9-2
05/13/02
BODY - TONNEAU COVER DIAGNOSTIC AID
LINCOLN:
2002 BLACKWOOD
ISSUE
The tonneau cover may not stay closed (automatically reverses when commanded to close) on some vehicles. This may be caused by either the Pinch Strip or the Rear Latch Switches (latches misaligned), or a combination of both.
ACTION
Verify condition and check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). Refer to the following Diagnostic Procedure to help identify and correct tonneau cover condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1.Check for DTCs. Possible codes are B241 7 (Pinch Strip stuck active) and/or B2422 (Open Switch stuck active), or B2787/B2788 (Latch error codes for the right and left latch respectively).
2.If both Pinch Strip and Rear Latch codes are retrieved, address the Pinch Strip code first as the Latch codes could be a result of the Pinch Strip concern.
3.Observe the Pinch Strip PID on WDS or equivalent. If the status does not change, (always active), visually check for a mis-positioned strip (strip out of groove/pulled out of corners). It the strip is not damaged, re-install it, clear codes, and re-test the system. If it is damaged, replace the strip, clear codes and re-test the system.
4.If just the Rear Latch codes were received or if they are still present after repairing the Pinch Strip, shim the latches as necessary, clear codes and re-test the system.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: INFORMATION ONLY
OASIS CODES: 108000, 112000, 205000
Old 11-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Hi,
Thank you so much for that info do u happen to have the info on TSB 02-9-6....another site refered me to a control moduel behind the alloy cladding dealer told me THE Moduel is $461:00 for the part only...problem is if I unlock the cover with the manual override I can't lock it again until the problem is fixed and I ain't got $461:00 spare at the moment...I will be selling my Superchips Programmer to help pay for the repairs...Thanks again...

Last edited by missan nissan; 11-09-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's the only one showing up in Alldata.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 PM

...Thankx for the info....

Quick Reply: ...Technical Service Bulletins