Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync update got rid of navigation!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 322 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Sync update got rid of navigation!

So I downloaded the Sync update on my truck (2015 non Nav unit). Got lunch with my dad the same day and I gave him the usb to update his (2014 with nav). I did not think twice that maybe these updates are unit specific. Anyways, after the update he lost his navigation.

What do we do now? I tried downloading the update for his truck but it wouln't load.

Why would ford allow sync to update with the wrong installation file?

Slightly unrelated, anyone try updating their non nav sync with a nav sync update? If it can take it off it can put it on right? One can hope...
Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

This will probably be solved by taking it to Ford. Just updated Sync in the wife's Escape with no issues. It is odd that the wrong Sync file was able to download into your dad's truck. Ford may be able to wipe it clean and start over.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by SCORGE
This will probably be solved by taking it to Ford. Just updated Sync in the wife's Escape with no issues. It is odd that the wrong Sync file was able to download into your dad's truck. Ford may be able to wipe it clean and start over.
It shouldn't let it, maybe Ford overlooked this. I feel bad as I was trying to make it easy for my non-tech savy Dad to just use my update file.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi redranger04g,

The update on your account is tailored to your VIN. Sounds like the navigation application didn't load properly. Please visit the dealer to have them reload it correctly.

Keep me posted.

Shaay
Old 04-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this Sync update for all Sync 3 systems? I have a 2016 F150 with Sync 3 system, and I didn't see anything about an update?
And if so how do I go about getting the update?

Thanks advances
Wolvie
Old 04-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolvie
Is this Sync update for all Sync 3 systems? I have a 2016 F150 with Sync 3 system, and I didn't see anything about an update?
And if so how do I go about getting the update?

Thanks advances
Wolvie
I can't answer if it's for ALL of us with SYNC v3.x ... but I CAN tell you what to do. First, you should have an "account" set up with syncmyride.com ... that's where you "register" your vehicle, and start your account. Here, on this site, you can view any Vehicle Health Reports you run, as well as see any TSB's or other stuff that pertains to your truck. This is also where you will find info on new updates to your SYNC system.

For instance, I got my truck with SYNC v3.6 installed from the factory (it was late 2013 when it was done). Sometime in December of 2014 a new version (v3.7) was ready for release, and when I went to the website, it told me that a new version was available for my truck. It gives you the download instructions and how to install it. Basically, it's a ZIP file you download and extract to the root of a USB stick. Then, you go start your truck, put the stick in a USB port on your truck, and the install just starts automatically. When it's done, it tells you, and you just remove the stick.

The latest version for ME is v3.8, which I just installed yesterday.

Both installs I have done came from downloading the files myself, and both installs went flawlessly.

The SYNC 3 system is not the best, but I have to admit that mine has worked just fine for the most part. I just find it clunky to use for some features.
The following users liked this post:
Wolvie (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiggum,
Thanks for the information, I do belong to the website and it's states my sync 3 is up to date.
Once again thank you.
Wolvie
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by Wolvie
Wiggum,
Thanks for the information, I do belong to the website and it's states my sync 3 is up to date.
Once again thank you.
Wolvie
Hey Wolvie,

We haven't released any updates for SYNC 3 quite yet. Android Auto, CarPlay, and a few other features will be added in an update later this year: media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/01/04/sync-apple-carplay-android-auto.html

Shaay
Old 04-18-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi redranger04g,

The update on your account is tailored to your VIN. Sounds like the navigation application didn't load properly. Please visit the dealer to have them reload it correctly.

Keep me posted.

Shaay
Ford reflashed my computer and navigation is back. Thanks
Old 04-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Ford Customer Service

Great to hear, redranger04g! Don't be shy if you have any SYNC questions in the future.

Shaay

Quick Reply: Sync update got rid of navigation!