Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync not working this morning.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync not working this morning.

Just got my new 2011 F150 with Sync installed. I took a little trip just to enjoy the new ride and experiment with all the gadgets. It all worked well and I really started to enjoy Sync and all the features. Well this morning I headed out and it did not work. Sync just was not there. It took me right to my local radio station. I cycled through the media availabilty and USB was not an option so I realized that something was wrong. I checked to make sure I had the latest software installed and that was fine. So I'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem? Oh, I stopped to get a cup of coffee and when started back on the road I thought I would check to see if was working, yep low and behold it worked fine! Am I missing something?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Hey,
Mine does this every now and then. If the sync isnt on at all, just turn the car off and back on. Otherwise, press the media button on the wheel and say "USB" aloud and it should voice recognize. You may have to press it agian and say "Resume Play" or "Play All" to get it kicking... hope this helps
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=3383

Don't let anyone tell you, "SYNC works awesome on my 2010, and you just don't know how to use it." We are running newer software on 2011 F150s with newer bugs... a step backwards.

Complain, and complain loudly....
Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

right there with ya...gonna swing by the dealership. I can't even get my bluetooth to work anymore on the truck... Truck is 6 weeks old...
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Ford FX4

My Sync dies every now and then. Sometimes it's not until the next day that it will start working again.

Also, randomly when I turn to head unit on (or start the truck with it on) it is on AM band, regardless of what setting i last had it on (such as Sirrius or USB).

Deffinately not perfect.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you know about this Forum? http://www.fordsyncforum.com/ It looks like there might be some useful information there and Ford does monitor it.

and This:

I am very interested in Ford Sync but like all thing in this arena I have to see how it works in Cheyenne.

Last edited by transmaster; 03-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

what sort of media are you using? i had problems when using a crapple ipod, but once i switched to a usb flash drive i havent had a single issue, of course I have a 2010, so maybe yours is software related like that one guy suggested.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmmec

Don't let anyone tell you, "SYNC works awesome on my 2010, and you just don't know how to use it."
Actually my 2010 does the same thing occasionally... lol

I just press the media button and I'm back in the races. It seems to be a problem with the attached media device not responding as fast a Sync wants it to, so it switches to the radio.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up 3/3 2011 XLT and had Sync not connect twice in last two weeks. Not sure how this fits but both times it was cold enough to start and turn defroster and rear def both on hi. NO SYNC. pulled over shut everything down restart and sync is back. Sounds like a dealer issue at the 3000 mile ck up.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A friend of mine has the 2010 Ford Escape with the Sync system. I asked him if he has had this issue and he said it has happened with his vehicle. He said that what he does is remove the fuse for the Sync system, wait a few minutes and put the fuse back in and everything is fine. Kinda like hitting a reset button. He also said that turning the car off and back on usually works fine, too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync not working this morning.