General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Doesnt Respond

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sync Doesnt Respond

I cannot even get my truck to recognize the sync system. What I mean is that I can keep hitting aux button it never even goes to the Sync. It just skips past it. I tried unpairing my phone and now I cant even get to the Sync Menu.

Any Ideas.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Raymond
I cannot even get my truck to recognize the sync system. What I mean is that I can keep hitting aux button it never even goes to the Sync. It just skips past it. I tried unpairing my phone and now I cant even get to the Sync Menu.

Any Ideas.

Sounds like the APIM may be bad, got any warranty left? Might be able to reprogram it.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 minutes. That sometimes frees up a frozen system. Then update it if possible.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Raymond

Any Ideas.
Hi Mike Raymond,

If the VOICE COMMAND button is functional, give the command PHONE in order to get into the SYNC menu. From there, follow the instructions listed here for the master reset: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

If you are still unable to get into that SYNC menu using voice commands, I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your dealer so they can take a closer look.

Kim

Quick Reply: Sync Doesnt Respond