Sponsored by:

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Suspension help

Hello all,

I own a 2010 F-150 XLT 4WD.
Basically I need some help choosing a lift kit.

I've narrowed it down to a brand. The Procomp suspension kit, because I know that I can attach a skid plate to it.

However, I'm completely clueless as far as which of the two options to pick.

These are the two kits
6 inch Crossmember/Knuckle Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks - K4143B

and

6 inch Crossmember/Knuckle Lift Kit with Front MX2.75 Coilovers & MX-6 Shocks - K4143BMX

The thing that I've narrowed out between these two options is primarily the coilover shocks. I like the way they look, and I've read they ride about as smoothly as the other option. This option is a good $1,000 bucks more, however, and my XLT already has coilovers (They are now standard I believe). So I would like to know what the difference between the two packages is, would the coilover that are already on still be usable in a 6 inch lift and general information.

P.S.
I'll for sure have this installed professionally.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ekusa; 07-07-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

There is a night/day difference in the 2 kits. If you take it offroad a lot and will be beating on it then you want to go with the 2nd option. The coilovers are way better than stock and will provide a better feel when offroading. They are also adjustable and by cranking them you can get 8" of lift up front. The 1st kit comes with a 6" spacer which is essentially just a block that bolts onto the top of your stock strut. Some people dont like how it looks and think it looks "goofy".
The rear MX6 shocks are also better than the ES9000 or whatever comes with the 1st kit. They will provide way better offroad capabilities, ie dampening/rebound time/temperature. If you have the money to burn and are going to be doing some pretty hefty offroading or just like the look of the coilovers then go with the 2nd option. If you just want your truck 6" higher and you will be doing occasional offroading then the 1st option will treat you just fine.

Quick Reply: Suspension help