General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This sucks!

So I bought my "new to me" F150 about 45 days ago. For some reason the Kansas dealer was having issues getting the Title out of Wisconsin (Damn Cheeseheads). Now my 30 day tag is expired and the dealer told me it could be up to 8 weeks to get my title. They gave me a rental so I have wheels but now I'm making payments on a truck that is stuck in my driveway. Just wanted to vent a little, thanks for listening.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

could be worse. at least they gave you a rental
Old 08-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks!

What is the dealership doing? Did they tell you why it's taking so long? If it's been 30days and they quoted another 8 weeks, that's like 90days/3 months. Sounds a little fishy and I'd have someones *** for that or be talking to an attorney.

Like previously stated, at least they gave you a rental. But I'm with you, get a new truck, you want to drive it, not let it sit in the driveway.

Good luck and hope they get the title ASAP.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MHC-F150

The dealer said that the Wisconsin titling agency is behind and that's the hang-up. I don't really know how lagit that sounds but we'll see. And they gave me the classic "don't worry we'll take care of you" line.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Your dealer is not feeding you a line.

Here is the status of titles and such, as you can see they are just starting to mail out titles that where applied for on the 22 of June, damn!!!!!

This is from the Wisconsin goverment website for such things.

Status as of August 2, 2008

For the DMV products listed below . . .Customers should expect to receive their product within the next week for applications mailed to DMV on or before:

Title, June 22, 2008

License plates, *June 22, 2008

License plate sticker, - renewal mailed to Milwaukee address on postcard July 24, 2008

License plate sticker, - renewal by telephone/Internet July 25,

2008 License plate sticker - renewal mailed to Madison, or information/ address change on postcard mailed to Milwaukee July 19, 2008

Disabled ID card July 22, 2008

Special plate (sequential number)*June 27, 2008

Special plates (COL,CLS,AMA and personalized plates)**June 27, 2008

Last edited by transmaster; 08-05-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Transmaster:

Your post is regarding the DMV and license plates. The post is regarding the Title of the Vehicle which a company has on file. Unsure how the DMV and license plates impact receiving the Title from a purchase? At least here in CO, the title is held by the company that owns the vehicle, while the DMV only issues registration for plates and drivers license.

Even so, why if the dealer who should own the vehicle and should be able to process the title work themselves. It's only getting the transfer of registration to the DMV that would be a problem.

Last edited by MHC-F150; 08-05-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the operative line: Titles mailed on or before the below date.

Title, June 22, 2008

http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/vehicles/status.htm

I don't know how the law on such things in that part of the world. In Wyoming if you have vehical with an out of state title a Highway Patrol Officer has to look at the VIN and such to make sure you are not trying to launder a title.

Last edited by transmaster; 08-05-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what the rules are where you're from but here in Florida they HAVE to renew the temporary tag until they get the real tag for you. The dealership where I bought mine did the same thing to mine. I renewed my "temp" tag for 3 months and after 3 long months they finally called me and got it to me. There ain't no way I'm going to be paying for a truck that I can't drive because of the dealership.

You should really check into this. They do this stuff all day everyday so why should you get screwed for buying a truck??
Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 13Fox150
MHC-F150

The dealer said that the Wisconsin titling agency is behind and that's the hang-up. I don't really know how lagit that sounds but we'll see. And they gave me the classic "don't worry we'll take care of you" line.

I live In wi, and I just got new plates in four days after I paid for them online.

that was only a week ago.

The Wi dmv was VERY far behind last year after a computer system update, but that was over a year ago, closer to two years now.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MHC-F150
Transmaster:

Your post is regarding the DMV and license plates. The post is regarding the Title of the Vehicle which a company has on file. Unsure how the DMV and license plates impact receiving the Title from a purchase? At least here in CO, the title is held by the company that owns the vehicle, while the DMV only issues registration for plates and drivers license.

Even so, why if the dealer who should own the vehicle and should be able to process the title work themselves. It's only getting the transfer of registration to the DMV that would be a problem.
In wi, I had to deal with the dmv to get my title, at least it came from the dmv.

Quick Reply: This sucks!