General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spark plugs

hey guys, it's been quite a while since i have been on here. i have been on my hayabusa most of the summer. now that the seasons are starting to change it's time for me to focus some of my attention to my truck. i have been neglecting her somewhat. anyway, i plan on changing the plugs tomorrow and i am looking for a little advice or words of warning on my new venture. it is an 07 with the 4.6 litre. do i need to be carefull removing the plugs? also it looks like i may have to remove the injector rails to access the cops, has anyone some experience in this? what do i need to look out for and also what plugs do you all recommend? thanks in advance for any and all input.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The fuel rails don't have to be removed. Clean the holes out with air after you remove the coils. We've had the best luck with Motorcraft and Autolite platinums. Make sure to torque them to 7-15 ft-lb or 10-20 nm. Too tight and when the cylinder head expands, it will pull the threads out. Too loose and they wiil loosen and blow out.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks bert for the info. i just picked up some autolite double platinums and will be doing in the am. thanks again!

Quick Reply: spark plugs