General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Advance Trac. Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Service Advance Trac. Repair

I bought my 2011 FX4 Screw with less than 5,000 miles in May 2012. In Sept. 2013 a kid in an old pickup rounded a corner and hit me while I was sitting still. He hit primarily the left front tire, doing some damage to the suspension and a little body damage. My truck had about 22,000 miles on the OD. One month later while driving down the road, the information screen message popped up the "Service Advance Trac". That didn't sound real urgent so I made a mental note to mention that to the guys that service my truck, clicked "OK" and the message went away. When the time came to change the oil, I mentioned the message and asked the mechanic to service the Advance Track. He didn't know what that was and asked me to bring the truck in the next time that message popped up. Several month later the message again popped up but it was a weekend and his shop was closed and when I shut the truck off the message went away. Long story short, I finally got the message when his shop was opened, he plugged in a code reader and nothing showed up. He said take it to Ford the next time. The dealer thought it was a wheel sensor, but that didn't fix it. Nearly $1,700.00 later and a new steering column and steering gear, I find out that the bump from the accident might have caused the problem. Now I have to see if I can reopen the claim on the accident to recoup my money.
So if you get the innocent sounding message to service the advance trac, don't delay getting your truck to a Ford dealer to document the problem.
I really love my truck and this has been the only hickey so far, but it sure was a costly one since I still haven't heard from my insurance company.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 PM
misses 3 on the tree

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

my previous truck was a 2013 STX 3.7. Within two days I had a service advancetrac warning.

Ended up it was a broken weld on the ground nut. I freely admit I don't know what a ground nut is.

Mine was new and something was fubared out of the factory, but maybe your ground nut was affected in the wreck. ???
Old 03-31-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry service advance trac

I have a new 2014 with 6k on it. In the rain, on NYS Thruway, the "service advance trac" message comes on. Made an appointment and the dealer said the code showed a problem but wouldn't tell him what part to replace. So he did nothing. Light does not come on when on dry roads, so I guess I have to drive the next time it rains, then rush in without an appointment. Very disappointed - this is a $40k truck, and I get stonewalled on a warranty repair. They should replace everything related to the problem. This is my 4th Ford Truck, 1993 Ranger, 1996 E 150, 2007 F 150. I think it will be my last.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news. I got a call from my insurance company. They are sending me a check for the repairs of my Service Trac module. So my service advisor was correct in that a bump on the front end can damage the module and cause the light to come on.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 150 Likes on 80 Posts

Glad to hear it. Seems like you have a good insurance company.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Fernkiller
I have a new 2014 with 6k on it. In the rain, on NYS Thruway, the "service advance trac" message comes on. Made an appointment and the dealer said the code showed a problem but wouldn't tell him what part to replace. So he did nothing. Light does not come on when on dry roads, so I guess I have to drive the next time it rains, then rush in without an appointment. Very disappointed - this is a $40k truck, and I get stonewalled on a warranty repair. They should replace everything related to the problem. This is my 4th Ford Truck, 1993 Ranger, 1996 E 150, 2007 F 150. I think it will be my last.
I'm here to help, Fernkiller. Please send a private message my way with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number; I'll loop in your regional customer service manager for further assistance.

Brittany

Quick Reply: Service Advance Trac. Repair