General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat problem

I have the standard 40/20/40 seats in my 06 XLT. I love the truck but I find the seat is the worse I've ever owned. Extremely hard and even causes some numbness. I thought it might just be me or this truck but I've talked to others and it's the usual complaint. I'm using a cushion right now and it helps. Has anyone got a better solution outside of replacing the seats? I love Fords and have driven them exclusively for over 25 years but this seat is bad enough to make me consider the 07 GM's.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:55 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't sat in the bench seat on the new trucks yet. I have buckets in mine they are comfortable.
Off topic a little, how do you like your jackrabbit? I have the original jackrabbit on mine, not the Full Metal. I'm not that happy with it. It makes a lot of noise and leaks water at the tailgate. If I could buy it all over it wouldn't be this one. I had a Extang RT (soft cover) on my 02 and so far has been the best cover I've had. I should have just bought another one.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Default jackrabbit

I probably should have gone with the buckets. I like the jackrabbit. The only water is from the sides of the tailgate but that would be stopped if I put the furnished tailgate seal on. I'm going to do that soon. I don't get any noise at all.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

The water on mine is coming from the top. I installed the tailgate seal, it only seals the sides and bottom. It didn't help, I called Peace Edwards about the tailgate leak with mine and they told me to add some weatherstripping on the tailgate. Where the the seal meets the gate and it would stop it from leaking. I haven't done that yet. I just don't think I should have to, it should fit tighter than it does.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Default jackrabbit

You may want to consider moving the entire cover back a bit. I adjusted mine so the cover seal is snug against the tailgate. Putting a weatherstrip on the tailgate isn't, in my opinion, a good option. It probably would be in the way if you hauled longer lumber or whatever and wouldn't last long. I don't have any leakage at that area except for a couple drips if I open it when wet. I do think Pace Edwards would be wise to design it with some sort of lip that closes over the tailgate. All in all, I like the cover and get a lot of compliments on it. At $1250.00 would I buy another? Nope. The other rollbacks are a lot less.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Racinbob
I have the standard 40/20/40 seats in my 06 XLT. I love the truck but I find the seat is the worse I've ever owned. Extremely hard and even causes some numbness. I thought it might just be me or this truck but I've talked to others and it's the usual complaint. I'm using a cushion right now and it helps. Has anyone got a better solution outside of replacing the seats? I love Fords and have driven them exclusively for over 25 years but this seat is bad enough to make me consider the 07 GM's.

I've got the same seats, only little issue I have is the adjustments, or lack there of. If you want bad seats, buy a Dodge, those are the worst seats I've ever had in a truck. The best I've had were in my 92 F350 Captains chairs. The seats in my F150 aren't that great either. If you look close, the 40/20/40, they appear to be the same seats as what they call the Captains chairs, only the Cap chairs have the raised center console

Quick Reply: Seat problem