General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reving problems and sometimes even stalling

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reving problems and sometimes even stalling

So I bought my First car... I am happy to say that i own a 2004 f150 fx4 (new body) when i first got it everything was running just how it should be i am a few months in now and i am running into some problems. The truck has 98k miles and its doing some interesting things.

When i start it up everything seems to be going fine the revs shoot up and then come down like they should but once my truck starts warming up it seems to have some reving problems it never stays at a steady point it bounces a little every other second.

When i put some gas into it i can hear my truck reving in a unique way like a sorta bouncy tone and i feel a slight rumble in the cab and not the good kind that some of us like.

i recently took my truck down to San Diego to visit some friends and i was turning a corner and i had to start slowing down for the stop sign and the street was sort of a incline and when i took my foot off the break my truck rolled back a little and stalled out.

On my way home back to LA my truck was working just fine i was happy nothing seemed to be wrong till i got to the off ramp and my truck decided that it was time to stall on the off ramp thankfully no cars were present because it was late at night so i sat there for a little turned my car all the way off threw it in park and turned it back on... Thankfully i got home safely

Anyone have ideas please share with me!
-Patrick

Last edited by Patrick91; 12-21-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Reving problems and sometimes even stalling