General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling noise from rear window, please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise from rear window, please HELP

Hey guys, I just purchased my 2014 Ford F150 FX2 Ecoboost (wish would have 2015). I have been having issues with rattling noise around rear window, rear seats or roof. Also made two youtube videos, you can hear the noise.

Anyway, I have a serious problem with rattling noise which comes from back, I think it is either the rear window or seats moving. It constantly shakes when I drive on little bit worse road or when I go over little holes, bumps and so on. I am taking my vehicle to Long Lewis Ford next week. Already know they will play stupid saying they either can't hear or they don't know where it is so they can't fix it. I hate that rattling noise so much that I feel I don't want that vehicle no more. Anyone has the same experience? I made a youtube video, just listen to it.

YouTube videos:

Video # 1, you can hear the noise from driver's position.

Video #2, you can hear the noise from as a rear passanger.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a similar issue in an 04 and it turned out to be my jack rattling in the holder under the seat. Hopefully you can locate your noise.
The following users liked this post:
janbartos24 (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I can't believe this but it was fixed today. Long Lewis Ford in Hoover, Alabama really took care of it this time. It doesn't rattle anymore. I am seriously shocked because they had not been able to fixed it on my previous f150.

Performed road test and verified rattle in headliner. Discovered both rear pushpins were loose. Resecured both pushpins at the rear of the headliner. Roadtested vehicle and ok.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise from rear window, please HELP