Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rator/superduty accessory switchbox on regular f150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rator/superduty accessory switchbox on regular f150?

When I worked as a medic I noticed our new F series super duty chassis came with a set of four switches from the factory mounted low on the center dash that was tied in with an empty fuse/relay box under the hood to wire in accessories in a nicer look with a little extra insurance than just off the battery directly (from what I have read the Raptor comes with such an option as well).

I am wondering if anyone has done this with their F-150. I have a 2012 and have several accessibility accessories plus want to add some lighting and cleaning things up with a setup like that would make me rest a little easier as I don't relish the idea of throwing myself out of the vehicle and crawling down the shoulder in case of a fire.

While the accessibility stuff needs some beef, my extra lighting would be LED so I don't think I need to worry about a bigger alternator, although I might try to fit a yellow top battery in somewhere at some point as to not become stranded in the middle of a Minnesota winter. Thanks guys!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM
International man of Myst

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Ford calls them upfitter switches, there are a couple of people who have installed the raptor versions in the center console with good looking results. I've got a bench, so I'm still brainstorming solutions for that situations.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/upfitt...talled-146999/

Another option:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sungla...l-idea-215700/

I like the location, but not the style of switch.

Last edited by LastResort; 08-18-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thank you!

Quick Reply: Rator/superduty accessory switchbox on regular f150?