General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor Resonator on 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Resonator on 5.0

Howdy, I recently purchased a Spintech muffler that I want to install but want to either have 3" resonator or 3" test pipe. I have only found 1 post referencing that the Raptor resonator flange will not bolt up to the 5.0 Y-pipe. Is this correct? If so, what are my other options to having a 3" test/resonator pipe without spending $215 for a Corsa test pipe? Also, my truck has no engine modifications other than a 5 Star Tuner. Knowing this, is it even worth the hastle of going from a 2.5/2.75" res/test to a 3" keeping in mine that I would get it tuned?

BTW, this is my first post and I searched Google for days on this before posting. Thanks for the information you are able to provide and I appreciate you taking a look.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:24 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Am kinda in the same boat though it involves installing a Raptor exhaust system -(minus) the front intermediate resonator. Opted for the CORSA resonator eliminator (though didn't pay no $215) ...
I've yet to do the install, though did A LOT of pre-planning and measuring.

Since the Raptor resonator|test-pipe flange will not fit-up to the front pipe, the plan is to use a 3" molded flange, elongate the bolt holes in the test-pipe flange to match the pattern of the front pipe flange, reverse the mounting orientation of the 3" molded flange (flat-side to flat-size), and use a gasket between it and the test-pipe flange.

*Exhaust Direct part # FM300T-001
In my mind it should (?) work.

NOTE: The back-size of the 3" molder flange is convex and should mate to the concave of the front pipe flange. My objective was ...
  • all components to be stainless steel.
  • no welding.
  • 3" to the muffler (Raptor OEM in my case).

Quick Reply: Raptor Resonator on 5.0