General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick lift vs Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick lift vs Spacer

Hello all. Just joined up and this is my 1st post but I have been using the site often for advice and opinions. I've never had a leveling kit on any of my F-150s but now I want one on my 2014 STX Sport 4x4. I was planning to buy the Rough Country 2.5" spacer kit with the rear block and shocks but I found some Rancho Quicklifts for $300 on craigslist and now I'm torn.

My concern with the Quicklifts is not getting enough lift. Rancho's site says 2.5" for the 2014-2016 but I have not seen anyone with them on a 2014.

My concern with the spacer kit is sacrificing ride quality or causing more stress on the CV shafts or suspension components.

I'm really leaning towards the Quicklifts but I don't want to end up having to add a spacer to get rid of my factory rake (3 1/4"). Any advice is appreciated! And if you have either installed post a picture! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Allums; 12-03-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

The Quicklifts will level it out. I ran them on my '07, only had one issue of a spring sagging but it was covered under warranty. They're pretty nice struts especially for the price point, I beat them to death and they took it well. I'm actually looking at putting them on my '16, just having a horrible time finding rear shocks for it.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by tareed94
The Quicklifts will level it out. I ran them on my '07, only had one issue of a spring sagging but it was covered under warranty. They're pretty nice struts especially for the price point, I beat them to death and they took it well. I'm actually looking at putting them on my '16, just having a horrible time finding rear shocks for it.
Good to hear. I see that a lot of the 15's and 16's get plenty of lift with the Rancho kit. I'm leaning towards them. Especially for $300.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:12 PM

How much lift did you get on your 07? Did the shocks settle much? Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

It came out to about 2.25-2.5" if I remember correctly. No settling that I really noticed.
Attached Thumbnails Quick lift vs Spacer-photo205.jpg   Quick lift vs Spacer-photo150.jpg  
Old 12-03-2016, 09:19 PM

It came out to about 2.25-2.5" if I remember correctly. No settling that I really noticed.
Nice truck! Thanks again. Hopefully some more comments will come in. Your results make me feel better about the Quicklifts though.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:29 PM

Received 281 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Allums
Hello all. Just joined up and this is my 1st post but I have been using the site often for advice and opinions. I've never had a leveling kit on any of my F-150s but now I want one on my 2014 STX Sport 4x4. I was planning to buy the Rough Country 2.5" spacer kit with the rear block and shocks but I found some Rancho Quicklifts for $300 on craigslist and now I'm torn.

My concern with the Quicklifts is not getting enough lift. Rancho's site says 2.5" for the 2014-2016 but I have not seen anyone with them on a 2014.

My concern with the spacer kit is sacrificing ride quality or causing more stress on the CV shafts or suspension components.

I'm really leaning towards the Quicklifts but I don't want to end up having to add a spacer to get rid of my factory rake (3 1/4"). Any advice is appreciated! And if you have either installed post a picture! Thanks in advance!
FWIW
Spacers will not change ride quality. All they do is space out the strut.

As for stress on components, both spacers and quick lifts will be the exactly the same given the same amount of lift. They both do the same thing.

Spacers are much cheaper. If going that route don't waste your money on pricey ones. Just find the best price you can. Again, all it does is take up space between the strut and tower.

Quite lifts can improve ride quality over older stock but that is a tough sell on 2014 struts.

If you have the money to spend go quick lifts. If you want to save a little there is nothing wrong with spacers.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dirttracker18
FWIW
Spacers will not change ride quality. All they do is space out the strut.

As for stress on components, both spacers and quick lifts will be the exactly the same given the same amount of lift. They both do the same thing.

Spacers are much cheaper. If going that route don't waste your money on pricey ones. Just find the best price you can. Again, all it does is take up space between the strut and tower.

Quite lifts can improve ride quality over older stock but that is a tough sell on 2014 struts.

If you have the money to spend go quick lifts. If you want to save a little there is nothing wrong with spacers.
Ok, I appreciate it. Yeah I couldn't wrap my head around there being any difference in the stress on components between the two. With only 30k miles on my truck I definitely don't think I'm due for struts. Mainly I just felt that the Quicklifts were a good price at $300 and may be better/more comfortable in the long run. I'm not hurting for money but I definitely don't mind saving some! Would love to get some Icon or Boss coilovers but $899+ is a little to steep for me. Especially since the only off-roading I do is while hunting.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:13 PM

Any other advice/opinions out there?
Old 12-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Well I went with the Quicklifts. Getting them installed as we speak!