Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with cd player saying "bad disc"

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
woolyrayn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with cd player saying "bad disc"

I bought an 03 Ford F150 a year ago in perfect shape or so I thought. About a month or so after I bought it the manufacture cd player/radio starting having issues. The radio works fine but the cd player keeps telling me "bad disc" every time I put a cd in it. At first I thought it was because the cd was scratched & then I thought it didn't take cd's that I made or copied because it didn't display that message when I put in original artist cds but then it started doing it all the time! Sometimes it would take about 4-5 times of ejecting the cd before it would work. Now it just keeps displaying "bad disc" even though the cd is in good condition.
Yes, I tried cleaning it & that did nothing. PLEASE HELP???
Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 PM

Did you try cleaning the cd player? There's a small kit at wally world that will clean the lens of the laser, it may be dusty or something. Good luck, gary.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
woolyrayn

Yes, I bought that cd player cleaning kit from wally world & that did nothing. Still doing the same thing.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM

I have owned 3 f150s and in 2 of them i had to replace the factory cd player. I asked my cousin who is an ASE Certified Ford mechanic about it and he said it is very common and warrantied out it cost ford around $800 a deck to get fixed. The factory cd players just dont hold up well especially if you drive rough roads. Best bet is to buy an aftermarket cd player.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM

A friend of mine has an 06 Mustang GT, and she has the exact same problem. Her's is a 6-disc changer too, and now it won't even spit out CD's. She's got two of her x's CD's stuck in there, so she doesnt care about them that much, but she'd like to listen to CD's in general, yano? I've had a friend of mine who installs sound systems for a living take a look at it, and he can't even fix it. I think the best bet would be to just buy a new unit.

Quick Reply: Problems with cd player saying "bad disc"