General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems after motor swap

I have a 5.4 3v, I took my truck into a shop because it was stalling, idling rough, had the Deisel sound from the timing chain etc. my warranty company opted to put a rebuilt motor in. Well when I first went to get my truck back it was running horrible, no power sluggish etc. I turned around and went straight back and looked under the hood with the so called mechanic until I noticed while feeling around checking plugs and stuff that the driver side vct solenoid was loose. It ended up being broke at some point during the motor job so they replaced with a new one. Now I've been driving it for a few days and it has a really loud injector type ticking, it bogs down a bit in town and on interstate when trying to give it gas. Gas mileage is down on interstate from 15 or so before motor swap to maybe 12. When hitting hills on interstate or in town it takes slot more then it used to to hold speed. If you need more info let me know, and if you have any info let me know. I just wanna take it back with something to say. Dot want to have to get a lawyer but it's getting there. The main mechanic looks to be younger then me and I'm 26 and just doesn't seemed very experienced.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:03 PM
The Dodge Slayer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Lariat0216
The main mechanic looks to be younger then me and I'm 26 and just doesn't seemed very experienced.
I think we found the problem! IDK, kinda sounds like a vacume line got missed somewhere.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:07 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Age could be a factor but isn't always the fact. I was 24yrs old when i did my blower swap and then a complete engine shop. There are young people that know there ****.

The shop is to blame! I'd bring it back to them til it's fixed or bring it somewhere else and have the first shop cover the cost.

Wayne
Old 07-21-2014, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Age could be a factor but isn't always the fact. I was 24yrs old when i did my blower swap and then a complete engine shop. There are young people that know there ****. The shop is to blame! I'd bring it back to them til it's fixed or bring it somewhere else and have the first shop cover the cost. Wayne
yeah it's definitely going back, I just wanted to maybe get some ideas from people on here to tell them to check. And I'm not knocking his age really just. The lack of skill that you pick up being around him plus his age. I wanna say he's 21 and the shop owner has no mechanical skills he is a shop manager at a body shop.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 PM
The Dodge Slayer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

But do you really wanna take it back to the same shop that messed it up in the first place?

Quick Reply: Problems after motor swap