Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem w/ Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem w/ Steering Wheel Controls

2011 Scab, XLT 5.0 4x4 w/ sync

Has anyone had a problem with the volume control, and track selector on the steering wheel? Just recently my volume control sometime changes the track or media source. The next track button goes back to previous and my previous track goes to other media inputs. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I think it might be a bad switch. I was hoping for some input before I call and make an appointment at the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

No problems here my friend. I would do the dealer thing, get 'er fixed. This is the first thread I have seen about this problem.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I read about another member either here or there, whose radio was randomly changing stations I believe, but whatevah the problem was, it ended up being a bad connection on a steering wheel button.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks guys.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue and just haven't had the time to go back to the dealer.

Has anyone had a problem with the volume control, and track selector on the steering wheel? Just recently my volume control sometime changes the track or media source. The next track button goes back to previous and my previous track goes to other media inputs. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I think it might be a bad switch. I was hoping for some input before I call and make an appointment at the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Ok. So sounds like its a hand full of us. When I get it in, and here the diagnosis I'll post back to this thread.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM

Took it to the dealer a few weeks back. They said they could not re-enact the problem and to bring it in when it's happening again. Go figure......

To be continued.........
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine is a 2007 but does the same. The worst one on mine is the volume - you never know if the volume will go up or down. My track selector also changes the media source some, but it doesn't act up as much as the volume.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by SwayzeCrazy
Mine is a 2007 but does the same. The worst one on mine is the volume - you never know if the volume will go up or down. My track selector also changes the media source some, but it doesn't act up as much as the volume.
I agree. My volume is the primary issue. But lately it's been fine. Ever since the trip to the dealer. So I let you know if any resolution arises from the situation.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the same issue with my 2012 F-150. Very annoying. Mine seems to also act up when trying to advance to the next track. It likes to play the same track again and then advance when I push the button a second time. The previous track button also has a tendency to not go to the previous track. It will go to some random track.

Quick Reply: Problem w/ Steering Wheel Controls