General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem With 2005 F150

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem With 2005 F150

Last week the truck started making a slight noise coming from underneath the truck while acclerating up a hill at about 40 mph to 60 mph. As soon as I take my foot off the accelerator the noise stops. I spent two hours at the garage with them to try to figure out what was wrong with it.

Then on my way home from work tonight when I would take off the truck started to shake. When I would step on the gas it would shake even more. I can seen the 4x4 lever and the steering wheel shaking when this is happening and feel the shaking.

I think it is coming from the drive shaft area or the universal joints. I also just had new bearings installed and brakes and rotors installed last monday.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by robnb2
Last week the truck started making a slight noise coming from underneath the truck while acclerating up a hill at about 40 mph to 60 mph. As soon as I take my foot off the accelerator the noise stops. I spent two hours at the garage with them to try to figure out what was wrong with it.

Then on my way home from work tonight when I would take off the truck started to shake. When I would step on the gas it would shake even more. I can seen the 4x4 lever and the steering wheel shaking when this is happening and feel the shaking.

I think it is coming from the drive shaft area or the universal joints. I also just had new bearings installed and brakes and rotors installed last monday.
Sounds like a U-joint going bad or already shot. Pretty easy fix if you have access to air tools, or shouldnt be too pricy at a shop. Get under your truck and shake the driveshaft and see if you have play at the u-joints, you will know then.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Am wondering what the relationship is between driveshaft and steering wheel vibration? Interesting. Get back to you.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:51 PM

Default All Fixed

Turns Out it was a coil causing all of the shaking. The garage said the coil was backfiring so much that it was causing all of the shaking.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Am glad your'e good to go. Must have been an above average engine miss.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:19 PM

I had the same problem, I was loaded down with camping gear and wood. Down southern Ohio going up steep hills, trying to get down their, foot mashed to the floor. The truck started shaking lossing power. but on level ground it it didn't happen. it has not done it since.

Quick Reply: Problem With 2005 F150