Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible new owner with questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new owner with questions.

Thinking about ordering a lariat supercrew 5.5 with sport appearance and 502A.
Was going to add the 6 spoke sport wheels for $995.
Started thinking about ordering it with the stock sport 18” wheels and buying my own wheels and swapping the tires.
Cost me less than $995, I would have “custom wheels” and I can also sell the original wheels.
Is there downside to this or maybe something I am not thinking about?
Also, would like the 360 camera but it will cost almost $3,000 to go from the 2.7 to the 3.6 engine (as it’s not available on 2.7) and add the camera package. Yes more power but not as good MPG. Any thoughts seems like I don't want to spend the $3000 extra?
Would go with a Platinum but I do not like the look and function of the power running boards and not fan of the Platinum wheels.
I tow a 19’ boat ( 4,400 lb total with trailer), pretty good at backing up so I don’t see spending the $895 for trailer tow package to get the tow assist camera, transcooler and sway bar since I will be under 5,000 lb.
Also Hard cover and drop in liner, Pana sunroof.
Stuck between an F-150 and Nissan Armada SUV at this point in time.
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

Thinking about ordering a lariat supercrew 5.5 with sport appearance and 502A. (Great choice, wish I have gotten that as well)
Was going to add the 6 spoke sport wheels for $995. (For that price, go aftermarket)
Started thinking about ordering it with the stock sport 18” wheels and buying my own wheels and swapping the tires. (Great idea)
Cost me less than $995, I would have “custom wheels” and I can also sell the original wheels. (Great idea)
Is there downside to this or maybe something I am not thinking about? (What downside?)
Also, would like the 360 camera but it will cost almost $3,000 to go from the 2.7 to the 3.6 engine (as it’s not available on 2.7) and add the camera package. Yes more power but not as good MPG. Any thoughts seems like I don't want to spend the $3000 extra? (Ask yourself, do you really need the 360 camera? Driving thru extremely tight spaces? Or is this just for bragging rights?)
Would go with a Platinum but I do not like the look and function of the power running boards and not fan of the Platinum wheels. (Those could always be replaced and sold),
I tow a 19’ boat ( 4,400 lb total with trailer), pretty good at backing up so I don’t see spending the $895 for trailer tow package to get the tow assist camera, transcooler and sway bar since I will be under 5,000 lb. (I believe you should get this, $895 is misc compared the price of a 502A)
Also Hard cover and drop in liner, Pana sunroof. (Sounds great))
Stuck between an F-150 and Nissan Armada SUV at this point in time. (F150 is cooler)
Thanks for any feedback.