General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Payload sticker max weight

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Payload sticker max weight

I just ordered a 2015 Lariat Screw 4x4, 5 1/2 foot bed with 3.5 Eco, Max tow package, 36 gallon tank, tow mirrors and 502A. Now the waiting begins.

According to the Ford charts, this truck should have payload of 2,020 lbs. I looked at a similar truck on the lot and the door sticker says a "combined weight of passengers and cargo should not exceed 1,750 pounds". The truck I ordered has the 18" wheels while the one on the lot had 20s. I am wondering what lowers the rating on the actual vehicles.

My 2011 similar truck lists 1,270 lbs, so the new trucks have a nice increase.

I would appreciate if anyone that has a similar truck to the one I ordered could look at their door stickers and list the maximum payload.

Thanks, Mark
Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm looking at a very similar truck. The 2,020# number you probably got from here, right?
http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/specifications/payload/

I looked at a truck on the lot the other day with specs similar to yours (501A, though). It was rated for 1666 lbs of people & cargo, which is similar to what I'm finding others around here are seeing for Lariats.

I'm guessing the 2,020 is for a bare bones SCREW, probably an XL, with the 23gal fuel tank. Every piece of optional equipment subtracts from that number (leather seats, tow hitch / equipment, sunroof, running boards, chrome, additional electronics, etc...). I wouldn't be surprised if the extra 13 gallons of gas in the extended tank is counted if the truck has it.

Edit - Not sure if the wheels themselves are counted in the weight rating. They'd be part of GVWR, but since it's unsprung weight, I don't know if it counts towards payload ratings. I do know the 18" wheels you get w/ the Lariat w/ the HD payload package are the 18" Silver Heavy Duty Aluminum (as per the Appearance Guide PDF).

Last edited by LMychajluk; 05-04-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 AM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

I think LMychajluk covered it correctly.

IN fact, GM and Ford were just having a war with this equipment game fudging numbers.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/12...d-ratings.html
Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

Yep - I agree with the previous comments about options reducing the payload capacity.

The payload capacity on the sticker on your door will be as the truck came off the assembly line, except with a full tank of gas. The full 36 gallon tank, plus all the other options built into the truck will reduce the payload from the "sales" specs number of a plain Jane/zero options truck.

Also, after you get the truck, any aftermarket stuff you add will further reduce the payload capacity. If you add a bed liner, tonneau, etc., etc., the payload capacity will go down by the weight of each item you add.

Quick Reply: Payload sticker max weight